#21 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

Kyle,
How are you using your Swampy? Ceiling fan on/off. Window/door open closed. etc?

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#22 hoser

hoser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:31 AM

I just got the MightyKool Model MW1 swamp cooler. This thing works pretty well at home. It is a bit louder than I'd like but I perhaps I can put a hose on the intake and route it outside and that should quiet it down some. Can't wait to use while camping!
1998 Lexus LX470 1985 Land Cruiser BJ70

#23 CJ8Rockcrawler

CJ8Rockcrawler

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:08 AM

So far I've just used it with the fan on and the window open to circulate air through the camper. I've then sat with the Swampy blowing on me. This works well... especially since Alice likes to be warmer than I do... so she can sit out of the Swampy's path.

I would think doing the above and then turning the fan off and strategically opening windows or perhaps using the fan on low w/ the swampy might yield the best results.

Anyone else have any suggestions on how they have best found their swampy to work?
1984 Jeep $crambler - Lifted/Locked on 35s/Caged/RTT Rack/Etc... 2004 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 6spd Diesel - Gauges/CB/2M Radio/Lorenz Bilstein 5100 Suspension with DP Leaf Springs/Carli Long Travel Airbags 2002 Hawk FWC - With all the goodies to keep the wife a "happy camper" "Paved Roads... Another example of wasteful government spending."

#24 bobg333

bobg333

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:42 PM

This thread started back in 2007 and continued last year with several folks trying out Swampy and other devices. How are they working out? I'm going to Burning Man this year and need to do something along this line and, like others, I really don't want to add a generator to the mix.

Dust is the big problem at BM. The outside temp is tolerable, but the temp becomes a problem when one wants to close up tight inside the 4WC because of the dust.

Former Grandby owner

#25 hoser

hoser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:53 PM

The swamp cooler should work well in the dry Nevada desert however, the area it cools should be vented to let the moisture out. How do you do that without letting dust in? Perhaps a window screen, finer than sand yet allows water vapor to pass?
1998 Lexus LX470 1985 Land Cruiser BJ70

#26 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,775 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:05 PM

Lake Playa very fine silt is a very small micron size and will find it's way into everything.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#27 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:20 PM

Lake Playa very fine silt is a very small micron size and will find it's way into everything.

Yep, two time burner here and I never got the playa dust out of my old rig before i sold it! Totally worth it though!;)

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#28 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:28 PM

Yep, two time burner here and I never got the playa dust out of my old rig before i sold it! Totally worth it though!;)

Five times for me, blowing s%$t up is fun, always rent a motorhome with extra insurance. P.S. you should probably tell them you're going to Yellowstone if you go the MH route.
"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#29 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:32 PM

The swamp cooler should work well in the dry Nevada desert however, the area it cools should be vented to let the moisture out. How do you do that without letting dust in? Perhaps a window screen, finer than sand yet allows water vapor to pass?

Maybe vent out one of the access panels so at least the dust doesn't have a direct shot in? I'm not familiar with the stuff...

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users