• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 bike4mee

bike4mee

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDurango Colorado

Posted 15 February 2022 - 08:19 PM

We use the speaker stand when we have 2 kayaks on top. It along with 4 40# struts works great. It's a hassle to find a home after it's up but it just goes outside. 

I'm real curious how to wire my old cordless drill to plug into the cigarette lighter power port. Any help would be nice on that

#32 robcc

robcc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationBayfield Colorado

Posted 26 February 2022 - 01:18 AM

I just bought the On Stage Power Crank-up SS8800B+ speaker stand from Amazon. It arrived with a torn box and no instructions inside. Most concerning is that every 6" while cranking or using the drill it has a momentary place of resistance. It might be getting slightly better each up/down but don't want to take the legs off until I'm sure it is not defective. Anyone else experienced these places of resistance or had directions missing?...... Thanks. 

and after reading several replies I sent it back for an exchange and Amazon is sending me a new one. I think I dodged a bullet with a defective unit. 

Edited by robcc, 26 February 2022 - 03:38 PM.

#33 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,593 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 26 February 2022 - 01:47 AM

Rob, I don’t recall instructions either, but it’s been many years since I purchased. The resistance would be a concern, sounds like a rough spot on a gear.

I am haunted by waters

#34 heinphoto

heinphoto

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area (East Bay)

Posted 26 February 2022 - 03:25 AM

We also bought one of these recently. No instructions (other than what was printed on the box), but ours is very smooth when raising or lowering with either a drill or the hand crank. Given how expensive it is, I would probably consider returning it for an exchange.

Edited by heinphoto, 26 February 2022 - 03:27 AM.

FWC Slide-in Grandby and OEV Aluma Tray on a Ford F350 Supercab with the 6.2L Gas Engine.

http://www.heinphoto.com/

IG: heinphoto

#35 Jon R

Jon R

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 26 February 2022 - 04:42 AM

It should be smooth all the way up and down.

Jon R

2021 Grandby Slide-in Front Dinette

2021 GMC 3500HD CC LB SRW Gas

1993 Chevrolet K2500 Ext Cab LB

#36 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 02:06 PM

Have used this type of speaker stand for years on our Ocelot with boats, rocket box, etc. on top. no problem with the hand crank. I did put an extra piece of plywood over the push panels that were already in place but not sure if that was really needed. rides in the camper and then just goes up front when camping.

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Speaker Stand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users