75 replies to this topic

#51 d2richland

d2richland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLatitude:44.8° Longitude:-117.1°

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:05 AM

Ours is a late model 2015 Grandby. I wonder whether DesertDave is satisfied with the replacement he put in a year ago...maybe take a look at that.

http://www.wanderthe...hread/?p=111181

#52 Wallowa

Wallowa

Double Ought

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationNE Oregon

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:00 AM

Great post Richland and thanks for reference...I assume you thermostat is the White-Rodgers 1E-78?

Phil

Edited by Wallowa, 04 January 2016 - 01:01 AM.

#53 d2richland

d2richland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLatitude:44.8° Longitude:-117.1°

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:08 AM

It's the same as the one Old Crow linked to, White-Rodgers 1E78-140, and the same as the pic in the second post of this thread.

#54 DesertDave

DesertDave

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationDayton NV

Posted 04 January 2016 - 05:55 PM

Ours is a late model 2015 Grandby. I wonder whether DesertDave is satisfied with the replacement he put in a year ago...maybe take a look at that.

http://www.wanderthe...hread/?p=111181

Yes I am.  I did a repeat of the trip that motivated me to change the stat last year.  It worked like a champ at keeping things above freezing when I was sleeping.

2014 Grandby FD on a 2007 F350

#55 RyanOBrian1

RyanOBrian1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:01 PM

To keep everyone updated. I slept in the 2015 Eagle last night. It was 30 in the camper. I turned the heat on for 5 or 10 minutes and it still was only at like 34. I did a reset and then it showed 43. Seems like the reset fixed it.

I just ordered this thermostat http://www.amazon.co...duct/B00H6ARNXO which you can set to garage mode so it'll work from 35-90 degrees. I'll keep you posted.

#56 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLand of grits and gravy

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:18 PM

I slept in my 2014 Eagle last night. Temp got down into the teens. Thermostat worked fine after it got warmed up. I did try a reset, but I had forgotten until things were fairly warm. Bumped the temp up a bit, so I can see it would be useful to stabilize the system faster. I expect it just resets the thermistor and the microcontroller., and I expect more expensive models have a better microcontroller than can handle rapidly changing temps better.

I've never done a reset in the past and it has always worked fine, just slow to level out when it's really cold.

Charlie...
Stalking Light
2014 FWC Eagle on 2015 Tacoma Quad Cab Long Bed

#57 RyanOBrian1

RyanOBrian1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:20 PM

I slept in my 2014 Eagle last night. Temp got down into the teens. Thermostat worked fine after it got warmed up. I did try a reset, but I had forgotten until things were fairly warm. Bumped the temp up a bit, so I can see it would be useful to stabilize the system faster. I expect it just resets the thermistor and the microcontroller., and I expect more expensive models have a better microcontroller than can handle rapidly changing temps better.

I've never done a reset in the past and it has always worked fine, just slow to level out when it's really cold.

Yep, and to be clear. My themostat works fine as well. Once it is up to the correct temp it works great, just takes forever to reach that temp

#58 PJorgen

PJorgen

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationNorthern Nevada

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:23 PM

To keep everyone updated. I slept in the 2015 Eagle last night. It was 30 in the camper. I turned the heat on for 5 or 10 minutes and it still was only at like 34. I did a reset and then it showed 43. Seems like the reset fixed it.

I just ordered this thermostat http://www.amazon.co...duct/B00H6ARNXO which you can set to garage mode so it'll work from 35-90 degrees. I'll keep you posted.

I was looking at that Honeywell thermostat as well.  Please let us know how it works for you.

2014 Hawk, Silver Spur exterior on a 2012 GMC 2500HD 4x4.

#59 Wallowa

Wallowa

Double Ought

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationNE Oregon

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:44 PM

Stalking Light,

What temp did you set the thermostat to in your #56 post?  Did you leave that setting on all night?

Outside temp was?  And no water froze...that is good news.

Thanks...trying to get a handle on the mechanics of all this.

Phil

#60 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLand of grits and gravy

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:32 PM

Temp was set to 62 all night. Water tanks were emptied and I just had some bottled water inside. Outside temp was high teens at the lowest, low 20's when I got up. The starting temp inside before I turned the heat on was in the low 40's. I let the furnace run until it felt warm enough inside and then turned it off like I usually do to let things equalize. That's when I remember the reset so I tried it and the temp reset from 40 something to 58. Then I let things run and the thermostat worked fine after that. Normally I just wait until the thermostat temp reading comes up on its own, which take a little longer - but in my REagle I'm usually sitting right by the thermostat anyway, can't get too far away from anything in there.  ;)

Charlie...
Stalking Light
2014 FWC Eagle on 2015 Tacoma Quad Cab Long Bed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users