• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 simimike

simimike

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca.

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:29 PM

If there is such a law, California would have it. No law is to silly for my home state.

Cheers,

Mike

#12 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,033 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:59 PM

Never heard about any law like that. We do have a law that you can't idle for more than five minutes. Haven't seen that enforced yet.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#13 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:08 PM

I believe that is a law. My guess is they enforce it as often as the driver door exit law. It is ileagle in CA to exit a vehicle on the traffic side. However in my adopted state of AZ we have the "stupid motorist law". That's really what its called. Its about entering a dip in the road when its flooded. Just about every dip has a sign that states "do not enter when flooded" and every rain people have to be pulled out. There is also the occasional fatality due to drowning. If common sense were money these folks would starve.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#14 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:19 AM

MR. PUEBLO, I operate in an industry that sets the bench mark for idiotic regulations and laws, were fighting the bas%*#&*%$s every day, I spend more time in Sacramento now than I do on the boat. And all it's really about is a little common scence. Yes, it is the law in Ca. no engine running in an unattended vec. so I leave my dogs in the truck, just to make sure were all safe. Were used to this out west, I think there putin sumtin in the water. I don't drink it anymore. IF YOU'LL JUST EAT A FEW MORE FISH

#15 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:50 PM

Pescadero Grande,
I spent over 30 years in the CA school bus industry (pupil transportation) so I'm no stanger to regulations. We have the entire CVC + thousands of laws specific to the biz and all of it regulated by CHP. I always felt the safety of the pupil was paramount so it never really bothered me.

I know that protecting the fishery is important to your livelyhood but it seems the small fisherman gets the pole while the big corps reel in the profits. After 20 years in Oxnard I have heard all the complaints about the no fish zones. I dont fish and dont understand all the ramifications but I have seen what happens when LAW MAKERS GO BAD. Good luck. Dont eat ranch raised fish.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#16 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationCentral California Sierra Nevadas

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:42 PM

Have any of you ever walked through a big truck stop at night? close to 100 big rigs idling for hours, it nearly chokes you out. I think this is what the law is addressing, not turbo cool down.

#17 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:59 PM

Sam, I'm sure you're right. Also it was designed to discourage people from leaving their vech. with motor running and their kid in a car seat in back, at the 7-11 in downtown Watts. Kinda suprised how much interest this topic generated, I used it to vent a little frustration, part of my ongoing therapy.Today is a beautiful day on the NORTH COAST, everything is emerald green, including the rivers. This is my favorite time here. So load up your rigs and come on up,or down,or over it's the place to be. ATE FISH FOR LUNCH UMM TASTY

#18 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,033 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:14 AM

Think we're talking two different laws here. Its one of those good/bad things with idling. It should be discouraged when its not necessary. When I was doing shipping/receiving many truckers would leave their engines idling while we loaded/unloaded and for no good reason. On the other hand, you have the long haul guys that live in their truck, and when its hot they need to keep that rig idling to make it livable.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users