Can I Fit a 2020 Tacoma DCSB with a Swift in My Garage?

pnwlife

I’m seriously considering buying a Swift; I’ve done a bunch of research and have one last issue to resolve before I can pull the trigger on the purchase. Can I fit my 2020 double cab short bed Tacoma with a Swift in my rather tight garage?

For the life of me I cannot find any solid numbers on how much the Swift *actually* extends past the end of the bed (and by that I mean past where the inside lip of the tailgate currently sits).

I understand that the Swift is 70 inches long at its floor; the inside bed length of my Tacoma is 60.5 inches (front of bed to inside of the tailgate). However, I know that the Swift won’t butt snugly up against the front of my bed on account of the bumpers built in to the front of the Swift.

Would anyone be able to give me some measurements as to how far from the back of the front bed rail the Swift really extends? And/or give me some measurements as to the gap between the front of the Swift and the back of the truck’s cab?

Thanks!

If the you find a Swift won’t fit, you might consider seeing if ATC would build you a shorter Bobcat. They do custom work, and I believe they’ve made shorter models.

Thanks, I'm cautiously optimistic that a Swift will work for me. But I'd just like to be sure about that before pulling the trigger...

rubberlegs said:
I can't answer your question and hope someone will. In our garage, height is the issue.
Height of the garage door is the usual issue. A seven foot garage door causes problems.

Remember that one might solve the possible garage door height issue by modifying the truck/camper or by modifying the garage door height.

If modifying the truck/camper is too difficult, jack up the garage ceiling or excavate the garage floor. One or another approach could work although price may intrude on one more than the other.

The real question is how important is camping to you. Perhaps, renting a camper/trailer/roof top tent when needed is a better & cheaper choice for the near term.

Paul

For me door height isn't the issue, it is the overall length of my Tacoma with a Swift in the bed that might be an issue.

I'm about 95% sure it will fit, but I'd *really* like a set of actual numbers to back that up...

pnwlife said:
For me door height isn't the issue, it is the overall length of my Tacoma with a Swift in the bed that might be an issue.

I'm about 95% sure it will fit, but I'd *really* like a set of actual numbers to back that up...
Good. Hope it works out for you. Having your truck and camper in the garage makes all the difference in the world. Sorry I cannot help with numbers.

CraggyMan - thanks! That's very useful. Heading out to my garage now to see how that works!

Edit:

Ka-boom! Even allowing for three inches of bumpers I have room to spare. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom