• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 rotti

rotti

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • LocationMile High

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:34 PM

I'd hate it if I didn't have the stove, or the sink, or the refer, or the water heater, or the furnace.... For outdoors I use the http://www.amazon.co...rds=coleman bbq small fold and go BBQ. I also have the griddle attachment as well as the stove attachment if I wanted an out side stove.

I went for this because it easily fits under my bench seat so I always have it. It's the perfect size for two people

I have a larger style gas grill but I have quit bringing it camping because of the size, weight and pain in the a$$ factor.

So Bob, I just ordered your recommended grill from Target on sale for $52. Looks like the perfect solution for a two person trip.

I better like it. :) 

Plus 14 or 16 on the FWC stove. 

2012 Chevy 2500HD 4WD LTZ CCSB gas
2012 FWC Hawk

#32 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:58 PM

I sold my weber Q and bought this. It's not perfect just like my aeropress isn't as perfect as my Rancilio espresso machine. But both are perfect for my tiny Raven FWCB)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Wander The West mobile app

Edited by BobM, 06 September 2015 - 01:59 PM.

#33 Bigfoot Dave

Bigfoot Dave

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:29 PM

We have been using a folding stainless charcoal grill made by EcoQue. The original was called a Pyromid and we have that one too(if you find something really good buy two) .. They are very efficient on charcoal use and work very well. We use the 12" model and have fixed many dinners of two adults and 2 kids on one. The best part is the small space they take up in the camper. Have a great day, Bigfoot Dave

#34 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:38 PM

I just ordered the same grill with case and griddle.  I was using the Weber "Q" Grill, hauling it and accessories in a big plastic tote to keep any grease off the interior of the truck. It took up over 1/2 the rear seat and was heavy to lift up and out each time.  Along came the dog so I purchase a carry rack for my 2" tow.  The size and weight was PIA.  This grill will be perfect for the 2 of us and the Weber Q will be used for tailgating.  Bob, thanks for the post.  jd

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#35 Freebird

Freebird

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the EcoQue, Bigfoot. I did all the web research I could, watching all the videos I could find plus reading all the reviews and comments. I ordered the 15" square model. I like that it folds down very small for transport, plus is energy efficient with (somewhat) adjustable heat levels. I expect it will take some experimenting to get proficient with it.

I'll know a lot more....later. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users