27 replies to this topic

#11 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:26 PM

The week BEFORE I picked up my brand, spanking, new ATC Bobcat, I was nudged on the driver's side truck bed by a LandRover backing out of a parking spot close to the exit of the lot. A guy in front of me, walking toward me in the lot, was looking behind me, said, "Oh, NO!" and then a second later I understood why he said that. If the camper was on, I would have had a similar story.

Edited by Alley-Kat, 30 September 2015 - 05:27 PM.

#12 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:27 PM

The rivers will be running better in the spring anyways!

Welcome to the site.

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab
Off Road Utility Trailer
Not enough time to go exploring.

#13 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,022 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:35 PM

I got tapped by a lady in a parking lot. In my mind  I envisioned serious camper damage. She actually just hit my tire. No damage at all to truck or camper. Can't say the same for her car. Too bad yours didn't turn out that way. Sorry for that additional wait to get out and about.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#14 Ace!

Ace!

• Gone Traveling
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSo. Oregon

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:57 PM

Let's hope the rivers are running in the spring...it's been pretty drought like.

#15 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:14 AM

Back in the 80s when we had a hardside camper. We were tapped on the left rear camper jack.It ripped some of the screws out.

Not any real damage,mainly the screws just pulled out of the wood framing.

Learned not to leave the rear jacks down. After that I would loosen the clamp nuts and raise the whole jack above the truck bed.

Problem solved. Could have been worse.

We were at a restaurant in Needles, Ca early in the morning.Actually I had seen the driver hit the jack,but they did stop and not drive off.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#16 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:51 AM

Willb122

Where do you live ?

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#17 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:27 AM

Bummer dude.  Stan will get you back together again.  These campers can be worked on.

I'm looking forward to whether you can do the travel, or will ship the unit.  

As mentioned, attitude is everything, and you will have a great trip when the time is right.

If you get out to Sacramento, quite of few of us are nearby, so give a shout.

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#18 willb122

willb122

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:10 AM

Hey all, thanks for the replies! 

Ace & ML - have definitely considered traveling out there and starting the journey on the left coast. Right now with a few other things going on with work and family...it seems to make more sense to spend the winter here and try to fire it up in March or April. 

Lighthawk - definitely will do! Can't wait to meet some other FWC owners

Stan - I shot you a message

#19 Oryguntroutbum

Oryguntroutbum

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:49 AM

Totaled my 2008 Ram 2 days before delivery of my Hawk.  I was on my way to pick up a custom made Hawk dolly someone was giving away in Portland. Pushed me back over 2 months.  I had just taken my Alaskan Camper off.  Realized while I was waiting that my solar hadn't been installed.  They were able to do that in the meantime.  Everything happens for a reason.  Good luck and I hope to see you on west coast.

2014 Dodge 2500 4x4, Cummins TD2021 FWC Hawk<p>

#20 Kolockum

Kolockum

Still Wandering

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:13 AM

Bummer break. Hopefully some good comes out of it. A laid back attitude will help a lot. 

I am just a little older than you and have pretty much been living out of my FWC Eagle for the last several years while bouncing between seasonal jobs. Had some amazing adventures with my eagle. Just got a full time job so my travel time just got limited and I am going to miss the long trips.

I hope you find some good adventures and a few fun misadventures.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Toyota Tacoma with 2000 FWC Eagle

"The nut behind the wheel is the most important one. Don't forget to snug yourself up every once in a while." John D & ri-f

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: repair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users