Photo
- - - - -

How about a Spring Time WTW Rally - Carrizo Plain ?

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#11 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:36 PM

Not a bad idea. Like Tuff guy only a few hours away. Might
Throw in the Pinnacles and the coast. I'm sure by spring a
Trip will be needed.
Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#12 allanb

allanb

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationPhysical location N.w. Wa. Spiritual location rocky mtn west

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:19 PM

Would be fun to see again after 12 or 15 yrs? Was thinking of heading to Az. to see the spring bloom in the same time frame.
Only 15 hrs away. Would be great to meet some of y'all, and will sure have a lot of questions on the northsatars maiden voyage!
Count me as highly likely.

#13 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:29 PM

At 3,000 miles distant and right during the middle of my busy season, I won't be spending an April weekend anywhere in California anytime soon.  I heartily recommend Carrizo Plain NM as a place to visit, based on the one drive-through I enjoyed so much in 2007.  I spent about 2 hours at the Wallace Creek site and could have spent much more.  The San Andreas fault and the erosional/depositional features related to it are classic textbook pictures--in fact my structural geology textbook, published in the late 1960s, includes aerial photographs of the Wallace Creek offset and nearby features. 

By all means go, and take Tuff Guy's geology tour.

Foy

#14 mitch h

mitch h

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Locationbrazil,in.

Posted 09 December 2015 - 03:02 AM

To far for me too that time of year. I guess we will meet up with Longhorn in April somewhere west of Indy and watch the dandelions grow.

#15 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:22 AM

Looks like we have enough interest to make this work. Need to pick a date to start planing, I am going to throw out Apr 9th and 10th. I will probably drive down Thursday of Friday. Everyones calendar fills so fast these days. Weather will be a roll of the dice until at least the month before.  Some time in January after we get an idea of how many are gong we might need to get a permit. I can do the leg work on that if need be. Tuff Guy 62 will have a full class. I would like to have a pot luck on Saturday night other than that open to ideas...   

#16 hoyden

hoyden

Lady Bug

• Members
  • 1,459 posts
  • LocationCarbondale, IL

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:05 AM

April 9th and 10th works for me 

https://no-destination.org/ .:.  https://razorgirls.org/

2014 Tacoma DCLB + 2015 FWC Fleet

As I get braver I get stronger, and as I get stronger I get braver. It’ a good cycle.

#17 Basin Deranged

Basin Deranged

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationPoint Reyes Station, California

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:58 PM

It's on my calendar!

#18 Tuff Guy 62

Tuff Guy 62

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArizona Rim Country

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:28 PM

Looks like we have enough interest to make this work. Need to pick a date to start planing, I am going to throw out Apr 9th and 10th. I will probably drive down Thursday of Friday. Everyones calendar fills so fast these days. Weather will be a roll of the dice until at least the month before.  Some time in January after we get an idea of how many are gong we might need to get a permit. I can do the leg work on that if need be. Tuff Guy 62 will have a full class. I would like to have a pot luck on Saturday night other than that open to ideas...   

Bill, I'll send you a PM to coordinate.

2000 2WD Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 liter V8

2019 Ram 2500 6.4 liter Hemi

2015 ATC Custom Panther Shell

When you come to a fork in the road, take it. Yogi Berra

#19 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,022 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:09 PM

I think i can make that work.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#20 clikrf8

clikrf8

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBellingham, WA

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:21 AM

Just saw this. We attended the Fall 2014 rally and met some super folks. Too close to LA for us. We like to stay away from large metropolitan vicinities. Maybe fall 2016? April plans are GSENM and vicinity-really explore this area as the two times previously we just drove several trails. Have fun!

2008 Ford F250 diesel 4x4 off road pkg 2013 Hallmark Ute http://www.clikrf8images.com/ http://clikrf8.wordp...com/2010/09/01/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users