Photo
- - - - -

How about a Spring Time WTW Rally - Carrizo Plain ?

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#41 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:48 AM

Roger that.  Probably making reference to Crocker Springs/Hurricane Road. I've never traveled that route.

There are literally hundreds of miles of dirt roads which provide access to the monument for further exploration on foot. Unfortunately my trucks have always been 2WD which have severely limited my past visits to the area. Planning on getting a 4WD truck in about three years once the wife's car is paid off. :)

Had to look at a map, yep that's it. It is worth traveling, but don't expect it to be fast. Might best be done East to West - start in the ugly oil patch and work your way towards the pretty.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#42 BobD

BobD

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationFallon, NV

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

Will be there.  PM'd.

Thanks Bill.

2010 Tacoma DCLB   2012 FWC Eagle

2017 F350 4x4 -  Super Doody Flushed

2019 DCLB Tundra - 2012 FWC Granby

#43 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:08 PM

I'll be there...

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#44 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:49 PM

I'll be there...

Added you to the list. How many in your party?

The following members need to let me know how many in their party.

craig333

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Shady apex

camelracer

Looks like 18 people in 12 rigs as of now.  Hopefully Tuff Guy 62 will scout out a good spot.

#45 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:22 PM

Just me and an old dog.

Might have another rig with me, they will be two people.

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#46 allanb

allanb

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationPhysical location N.w. Wa. Spiritual location rocky mtn west

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:58 AM

Ye Haw. Lookin to be a sho nuff rendezvous!! I'll do a rain dance so the flowers have a chance to show their stuff

#47 Shadyapex

Shadyapex

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationBishop, CA

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:11 AM

If I can make (likely) it it will probably be just me, but hopefully my wife will be able to get off work. Steve,,,

"It's not an optical illusion, it just looks like one."

#48 Missing Link

Missing Link

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Southern Sierra

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:29 AM

Please count my wife and I in.  Like Tuff Guy, I have been to the Carrizo many times on field trips.  The roads do get quite muddy following rains, but there are lots of really interesting things to see there.  If you are coming in from the north or east, be sure to stop at The McKittrick Hotel "Penny Bar" for a cup of coffee or a beer.  I tried to insert a link to this place but did not have luck.  Just Google it when you have a minute.  I think you will find it to be a unique and fun stop.

2017 F150 with 2017 Hawk

#49 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:51 PM

Count me and the hound in

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

#50 RandyP

RandyP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSanta Margarita, CA

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:53 PM

Just updated my original post.  Added a list of those who said they were going. Please PM to have the list update and add how many will be in your party.

Bill

Thanks for planning this. Please count me and my wife in. We live in Santa Margarita just about 50 miles west of Carrizo. Will send PM. Can make prerun or make contact with National Monument people at the visitors center near painted rock if requested. Only two camping places, KCL and Selby. Selby has water for horses, shade structures, tables, fire rings. I'm not sure what's at KCL now, but could check it out. In the spring the hike to Painted rock from the staging parking lot requires a docent. Only about a 1/2 mile hike. Can be pre arranged. We are getting more rain right now than we have had in about 4 years. The Carrizo has been extremely dry for at least three years. This spring should be a spectacular wildflower bloom. Only time will tell.
RandyP
F250 FWC
Jeep TJ and Packmule trailer RTT
PJ car hauler trailer for Jeep and Packmule

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users