• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#11 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:17 PM

I confess..I ordered one too... the install will be so easy as it crosses the Yack tracks....Hope it holds out!

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#12 ckent323

ckent323

• Members
  • 1,227 posts
  • LocationSolvang, CA

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:02 AM

I am not finding any reviews or ratings of Solar Cynergy products on line.  Can anyone provide a link or two.  I wonder about reliability, durability, warrantee, etc.

The price seems too good to be true.

1993 Dodge Cummins W-250 Club Cab long bed, 2007 FWC Keystone

#13 Squatch

Squatch

• Members
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationOn the wrong side of the mountains!

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:07 AM

I too found little in the way of reviews. It seems like a clearance sale to me.

Edited by Squatch, 07 July 2016 - 07:23 AM.

#14 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:43 PM

I sent both Cynergy and Solar BLVD an email asking for a source of non biased reviews of the panels as well as asking for a reason that the Cynergy Co website does not list it as an item that they make......hmmmmmm ... buyer beware ... I may have a bought a lemon... but time will tell. At $115 if I "screwed the pooch" it will be another life's lesson. Never have a beer and order on line!

Henry David Thoreau

#15 Squatch

Squatch

• Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:50 PM

I figured for the price if they fail oh well. Better $110 than $300. I'll beat up on Solar Blvd for the warranty. If they work well then I got a steal.

Some one mentioned in another thread on these a while back that these may be Chinese gov. subsidized panels. As in they were making them cheap to flood the market and beat up the competition. There were some lawsuits over that. I don't know any specifics but it makes sense to me.

Mine are supposed to be here Tuesday.

#16 Horseshoe

Horseshoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:16 PM

I ordered one too. The first arrived utterly destroyed and the replacement should be here tomorrow. If nothing else, I have been impressed with solar blvd's customer service.

#17 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:51 PM

I just received an email from Solar Blvd. as I had asked why it was not on the Cynergy website.... Here is the reply:

"We actually own Solar Cynergy. The 160 watt Mono-Crystal panel is a new product that we started producing - that is why it is not on the website. It is going to replace the 150 watt polycrystalline. If you would like to return it, we will be more than happy to take it back. "

I guess it is on the up and up....

Henry David Thoreau

#18 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 10 July 2016 - 05:06 PM

I just received an email from Solar Blvd. as I had asked why it was not on the Cynergy website.... Here is the reply:

"We actually own Solar Cynergy. The 160 watt Mono-Crystal panel is a new product that we started producing - that is why it is not on the website. It is going to replace the 150 watt polycrystalline. If you would like to return it, we will be more than happy to take it back. "

Sounds about right. I have had good luck with Solar Blvd. 

#19 Squatch

Squatch

• Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:16 PM

Thanks for the info.

Edited by Squatch, 10 July 2016 - 06:16 PM.

#20 Squatch

Squatch

• Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:26 PM

My panels came in today. As is par for the course with Fedex the big box was damaged and had been deliberately opened and 1/2 a job closed back up with a couple of pieces of tape. They've destroyed some important items for me over the years.

solar%20001%20Small_zpstun5kiac.jpg

solar%20004%20Small_zpsxswzehj7.jpg

But when I removed the panel all seemed well. The smaller box with the 2) 60 watt panels was fine as were the panels.

Quality seems fine. The large 160 watt panel has the typical 2 cables with MC4 connectors. The smaller 60 watt Qcell panels have a junction box which suits me fine.

solar%20016%20Small_zpsu47gf73r.jpg

solar%20014%20Small_zpssrrqr4m2.jpg

I laid the panels flat on saw horses in the drive. It's hot Mid 90's, hazy sun with bad air today. I did this about 2:30 -3pm.

solar%20011%20Small_zps75mnqnf7.jpg

All of the panels were putting out right around 21volts DC on my Fluke VOM. I don't have an ammeter.

This was the large panel when a cloud came over and obsured the sun for a few minutes.

solar%20008%20Small_zpsuossxfbb.jpg

I put my hand over the large panel along with my wide brimmed hat and moved each around. The worst effect I saw was a net loss of around 1 volt from the shading. Let the fun begin!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users