#131 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,594 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 11 May 2020 - 05:44 PM

Let’s see if it works for me. 

Edit:  nope...  sorry, it doesn’t behave for me either. 

I am haunted by waters

#132 Missing Link

Missing Link

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Southern Sierra

Posted 11 May 2020 - 05:50 PM

Thanks for trying, Mr. Sage.

2017 F150 with 2017 Hawk

#133 slash2

slash2

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:22 PM

An interesting post from the Mono County Sheriff Search and Rescue Team

https://webapps.mono...tion_Update.pdf

Hello Mono County Residents, 2nd Homeowners, and Visitors: 

We are now approaching 8 weeks of shelter-in-place, and like you, we at Mono County Sheriff Search and Rescue (SAR) are weary of it. All of us who choose to live in this somewhat remote and isolated place are here for a reason – to enjoy the recreational opportunities, low population density, and overall quality of life.

Good health includes not only the physical aspects, but mental as well. It is well known that vigorous physical activity is beneficial to mood and helps to hold depression at bay. The Governor is moving toward Stage 2 of the plan to re-open California, and we urge you to go out and enjoy our local trails and backcountry in a dispersed manner for your well-being.

While we encourage you to get out and exercise, we ask that you limit your pursuits to those that are low risk, and unlikely to result in a mishap that might require SAR response or a hospital visit. We have been fortunate in the 7 weeks of shelter in place that we have had no SAR calls in Mono County. Inyo County has not been as fortunate as they have responded to backcountry calls for assistance.

Please be advised that if assistance is requested, the SAR team is operating in a diminished capacity as some members are unable to respond due to personal risk factors such as age, compromised immune systems, or self-isolation to protect their families and loved ones. So please get out there for some Vitamin D therapy but do it in a conservative manner.

Day hikes and trail runs are good for everyone; ski mountaineering, rock climbing, fording snow-melt swollen steams, and backcountry unicycle riding will need to wait until the coronavirus risks diminish.

Respectfully, your volunteer friends and neighbors from the Mono County Sheriff Search and Rescue Team.

#134 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 11 May 2020 - 07:36 PM

Richard it's so interesting to see what your friends are going through.

it's nice to see how well they are treated.

Pizza wow that's over and above.Great.

Thanks for the update.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#135 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 13 May 2020 - 04:23 PM

The visuals sure make it look like most are staying away.

https://www.abc10.co...IZgepZAdiBrE8CI

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#136 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 15 May 2020 - 05:14 PM

The Eldorado National Forest just announced they are beginning (may 16) to reopen a list of developed day use recreation sites. These include trailheads and boat ramps. Sorry, I cannot provide a link to the news release. It is not yet posted to the website -

Eldorado National Forest

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#137 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 15 May 2020 - 06:42 PM

FYI-Don't know if it's just because of what the co's are doing but, campgrounds on the Modoc NF(Modoc Co) are open and those on the Lassen NF(Lassen Co.) are closed.  I haven't checked BLM here in California yet but I expect they too are following what the co's are doing-have not checked Nevada yet!

Smoke

Edited by Smokecreek1, 15 May 2020 - 06:49 PM.

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#138 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:29 PM

<snip> have not checked Nevada yet!

Smoke

Smoke, here is best list I found today on current individual state requirements -

CV Related Restrictions by State

It still has this requirement -

Visitors and residents returning from out of state have been urged to self-quarantine for two weeks after their arrival.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#139 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 17 May 2020 - 08:37 PM

<snip>

..... backcountry unicycle riding will need to wait until the coronavirus risks diminish.

Respectfully, your volunteer friends and neighbors from the Mono County Sheriff Search and Rescue Team.

Dang - that is exactly what I wanted to do tomorrow!

#140 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,968 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:02 AM

Update on travel inside Canada

https://beta.ctvnews...948253.amp.html

Basically, travel is still very much restricted.  I think we will be exploring a bit in our home province this year, and that's it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users