Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:43 AM

St. Peter, "Welcome to Heaven, here's your harp"

Devil, "Welcome to hell, here's your accordion."

I had forgotten that one! 

But really - my mom had an accordion. The scariest part was when she would lift it out of the case. The strap that holds it closed was broken and it would make some horrible sounds. Otherwise I enjoyed it. 

But hey - how 'bout bagpipes? 

#74 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,589 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 29 March 2020 - 04:15 PM

Mayfly Madness - Green Drakes

I am haunted by waters

#75 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:05 PM

You beat me to it, Mr. Sage! The one time the Big Guy and I fished the Metolius we ran into John Judy who wrote the book on the river. He seemed much more interested in chatting with the Lady so I figured he was pretty smart.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#76 CraggyMan

CraggyMan

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationBend OR

Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:06 PM

Still in my PJ's so I'll jump in on this. Karen and I went out to the Metolius for a short hike earlier this past week. I was reluctant to break the our quarantine but some out in the wild time seemed to be needed. Had the river pretty much to ourselves for most of our hike but on the way out but on our return we had to go to great lenght to avoid groups way bigger than recommended for these CV days. Hence all of these trailheads were closed just a day or two later in the Deschutes National Forest. Going into the future we will do our wild hiking on non-trails on BLM lands to our east.

The name John Judy jumped out at me. When I moved to central Oregon in 1977, I lived with a fellow climbing bum in Camp Sherman for the first winter. He got me a job swinging chairs at the local small ski area - Hoodoo and JJ was the hill manager. Still have a distinct memory of him scrutinizing me in a lift shack and asking if I was stoned. I took the job very seriously and would not combine personal recreation with putting the public at rise, but I think for the most part the rest of the workers were way more causal. To this day it makes me laugh.

Phone pic of the gushing springs a little ways downstream from Canyon Creek. The waters of the Metolius are truly special.

Attached Thumbnails

• MetoliusSpringsSm.jpg

Edited by CraggyMan, 29 March 2020 - 06:07 PM.

2016 Four Wheel - Fleet, 2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD - https://www.flickr.c...sertdustimages/

#77 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,589 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:27 PM

I am haunted by waters

#78 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 30 March 2020 - 03:44 PM

A conversation with the Lady on our walk this morning.

"You know how everybody says they're so busy, no time to get things done?" she explained. "Well now they do. All kinds of time. Think they'll get things done?"

"Time will tell, we'll see," I answered.

"What could we get done?" she asked.

I knew this was coming.

She continued," When the weather warms we can seal all the redwood on the deck. Your shop needs to be painted. We could paint the inside of the house and clean all the doors. You've wanted to do new molding along the top of all the kitchen cabinets........................................"

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#79 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 30 March 2020 - 04:29 PM

"What could we get done?" she asked.

I knew this was coming.

I feel your pain...😂

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#80 klahanie

klahanie

• Validating
  • 932 posts
  • LocationSW BC

Posted 30 March 2020 - 05:39 PM

You know you're in for it when "we could" is followed mostly by "you"s.

One personal take away from this self isolation stint is to better heed some advice given to me long ago by a man much wiser and more productive than me. Namely, when you don't have time (or was it motivation ?) to tackle and complete a project at least gather together all the parts and plans needed in the bits of time you do have. And, importantly, put all those items together - and in a place that you can remember (!). Then, when the opportunity arises (or is forced) you can go at it without all those annoying fits and starts and single item trips to the hardware store.

Anyway, once the stores are more accessible to me, that's my plan ... :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users