• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 Skey

Skey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 07:53 PM

Mainline overland is now on board with the @Hodakaguy installation process due to my digging and questioning of the install especially since I’m driving from SC to NH with awning in tow. They are going to re-quote me the install price in the near future including the upgraded bracket hardware.

Edited by Skey, 19 June 2020 - 07:54 PM.

#32 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:52 PM

That is good news. I sent them his PDF a year ago... at the time they were not sanctioned to do the install ... but apparently that has changed. I am glad to hear as it is a great awning. Please do let us know what the install price ends up.

Edited by buckland, 19 June 2020 - 08:52 PM.

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#33 Skey

Skey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:15 AM

463.86 over the price of the eezi-awn install. @hodakaguy style.

#34 Oilbrnr

Oilbrnr

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationFlagstaff & Scottsdale, AZ

Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:07 AM

Skey - Any pics, and do you think they'd sell whatever bracketry they made up for you? (or have you not had them do it yet?)

• 2016 Power Wagon - King/Thuren/Carli/Air Lift/Daystar suspension
  • 2017 FWC Hawk

#35 Skey

Skey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 04:52 PM

Install scheduled for 8/12-13

#36 5outta6

5outta6

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 12 July 2020 - 04:18 PM

Here is another option if you are handy and want to save a bunch of money:

http://aimlessroamer...mper-build.html

what is the length of the tent pole used in your awning?

Ford F150 super crew, ATC Ocelot shell, Icom 706MKIIG,  AC6GD

#37 blitzkrieg3002

blitzkrieg3002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 05:29 PM

Sorry to revive an old thread.  How are you all liking the Shadow awning?  I want to install one onto my swift.  I'm not exactly sure where to mount the brackets to ensure i'm installing the brackets to the fwc frame.  I have gone over Hodakaguy's install and see how he beefed up the hinge to the jack stand bracket.  He already had a batwing on his camper i have no awning at all so need to figure out how to measure to ensure the brackets mount to the frame.  If anyone has one installed and willing to help me with some measurements to determine where to drill that would be awesome!

#38 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 19 December 2021 - 08:06 PM

Sorry to revive an old thread.  How are you all liking the Shadow awning?  I want to install one onto my swift.  I'm not exactly sure where to mount the brackets to ensure i'm installing the brackets to the fwc frame.  I have gone over Hodakaguy's install and see how he beefed up the hinge to the jack stand bracket.  He already had a batwing on his camper i have no awning at all so need to figure out how to measure to ensure the brackets mount to the frame.  If anyone has one installed and willing to help me with some measurements to determine where to drill that would be awesome!

i have an atc shell. bought mule awning brackets from local fwc dealer, and let them install the awning and brackets.  works great.

Oregon

#39 blitzkrieg3002

blitzkrieg3002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 12:34 AM

i have an atc shell. bought mule awning brackets from local fwc dealer, and let them install the awning and brackets.  works great.

I'm looking at the mule brackets now.  It looks like the mule brackets there's just one in the rear and one up front that mount to the jack brackets.  2 mounts total that attach to the awning, is that correct? it feels pretty sturdy this way? what awning are you using? will it work with the swift model?

Edited by blitzkrieg3002, 05 January 2022 - 12:40 AM.

#40 JWL

JWL

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 January 2022 - 02:06 PM

I’m using the Mule bracket on my Hawk with ARB 10’ awning and have been down some rough rocky trails with no problems.

2007 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab

2020 Hawk Shell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users