230 replies to this topic

#41 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 11 February 2021 - 04:29 PM

Good for you Smoke. Timber wants you to get out and play! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#42 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 11 February 2021 - 05:01 PM

My mom and dad just got their first shots. Interesting that my Dad got the Moderna vaccine and my Mom who went in the next day got the Pfizer vaccine. If I can get mine by June I'll be happy. Might make for a better Summer this year.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#43 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 11 February 2021 - 05:43 PM

Just finished negotiating the maze here in Ventura County aka the vaccine sign-up process. Appointment for my 1st shot scheduled for next Tuesday. 🤞

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#44 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 11 February 2021 - 05:53 PM

Age 65 and up is among the first tier here in NC.  I got the Moderna #1 on 26 January and have a card saying I  can get #2 on 23 February.

#45 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,082 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 February 2021 - 05:59 PM

Massachusetts. We are at the 75 and up  after the first responders and med staff. My wife was required to go back in to teach inside the school four days a week with wearing double masks, shield and rubber gloves.... but the State did not allow teachers to get shots. They have to wait for their age group. I am 67 ... it will be some time yet here.

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#46 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 11 February 2021 - 06:09 PM

Unfortunately our county is a bit of a mess............enough about that. Julie turns 65 in October, so it is a bigger wait and see for her. Both of us signed up/registered on the state's myturn website as our county website always says no appointments available so are not taking any sign ups.

I had a surprise yesterday with an email from U.C. Davis Medical Center. Since I had a micro surgeon remove the tumor from my right hand the middle of June, I'm in their system. The email said their records show I'm 65 or older, click here for an appointment for vaccination. I did as directed and drive down the hill tomorrow morning. Kinda how I imagined the system should work.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#47 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,082 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 February 2021 - 06:33 PM

My in-laws live in KY. He 86 she 84. It took 2 days of sitting at a computer for them clicking on appointments only to see they were gone in a flash.... I can't believe they expect the elderly to do that nor a family member losing two days pay sitting at a computer for them. 

It is clear we need a National program. FEMA, National Guard. Homeland Security.....  It has to be done as equitably as possible. If it is in the private sector..... the rich and famous always get what they want regardless of fairness. 

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#48 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,297 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 11 February 2021 - 07:49 PM

Unfortunately our county is a bit of a mess............enough about that. Julie turns 65 in October, so it is a bigger wait and see for her. Both of us signed up/registered on the state's myturn website as our county website always says no appointments available so are not taking any sign ups.

I had a surprise yesterday with an email from U.C. Davis Medical Center. Since I had a micro surgeon remove the tumor from my right hand the middle of June, I'm in their system. The email said their records show I'm 65 or older, click here for an appointment for vaccination. I did as directed and drive down the hill tomorrow morning. Kinda how I imagined the system should work.

Great you got your shot.It does vary from county to county.

Our county,Monterey seems to have gotten things under control.

We had out first shot Feb 1st,got an e mail yesterday to signup for the 2nd.

We go next Friday 19th.

There does seem to more confusion then necessary but this is a BIG job to tackle.

I think part of all this is doing the research then keeping it touch with your county.

To Buckland's post,yes there should be a huge national program.

Stay safe and get the shot when you can.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#49 larryqp

larryqp

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationFull-time RVer, anywhere USA

Posted 12 February 2021 - 01:42 PM

I'm 66 and currently in NM, got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine on Feb 8. The day after I got back from my Big Bend trip I received a text at 10 am, saying I could schedule an appointment online by following the supplied link, which I did. I was able to get a same day appointment at noon at the local Albertson's grocery store pharmacy. Walked in at 11:45am, walked out at 12:30pm. NM seems to have a good program, state wide registration and text and email notification. Painless shot, minor sore arm for 36 hours, no other side effects.

The NM Dept of Health will text me in a week or so to setup my second dose on or around March 8. I'm psyched.

2016 F150, FX4, XLT super cab

2019 FWC Hawk Shell

2009 Ford Ranger 4x4, XLT, Supercab total loss on 7/30/19

2014 FWC Shell total loss on 7/30/19

Towed behind our home which is a 2005 Kountry Star Diesel Pusher

#50 Durango1

Durango1

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 03:01 AM

Sioux and I are scheduled for our first shot tomorrow. I'm 68 and she is 64 but had chemo last year.

The only way we got in was (forgive us) our neighbors are volunteers in the local COVID vaccine program and they called us Tuesday, "Go to this link immediately before we put it up on the site". We obeyed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users