230 replies to this topic

#31 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 January 2021 - 03:21 AM

Sometimes I think we’re just along for the ride.

True enough nowadays. I don't know how my smartphone, digital camera, laptop or truck electronics work. So in that sense we are just along for the ride. I decided to teach myself botany, mostly so as to know a little more about something in the world. But man, you do have to pick your battles, don't you?

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#32 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,297 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 26 January 2021 - 07:51 PM

We finally got our appointment Monday Feb 1st yahoo.

Local hospital is giving the shot.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#33 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 26 January 2021 - 10:34 PM

Got my first a couple of weeks ago and have a appointment for #2, in the 2nd week of Feb. If I have a bitch about the process. it was (1) figuring out who you had to call to find out to find out the hows, who's   and whens of getting the vaccine  and (2) having to stand outside the Public Heath office with 20 or so fellow old people over 75 :rolleyes: and 2 fire fighters. waiting to get called inside.  Lucky for us the weather as fine! 

Smoke

Edited by Smokecreek1, 26 January 2021 - 10:35 PM.

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#34 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,297 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 26 January 2021 - 11:02 PM

Not sure yet whether this will be a drive through.

More info to come.

I don't want to be very critical since this is such a huge

undertaking and has been stymied for almost a year while it spread.

I feel things are on the right track with all hands on deck.

Time will tell.So many to inject. 400M more shots were just contracted for

today.At least we are on the right path.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#35 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 27 January 2021 - 03:09 AM

Not sure what is happening with my second shot. Was told to come back Feb 13th same place first come first come. San Joaquin Co said this morning they would contact us to schedule an appointment time. At noon the Governor's office said they are taking the control from the countys. Sure hope someone takes leadership. 

#36 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 27 January 2021 - 06:25 AM

What can you say? At least its not as mismanaged as the EDD?

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#37 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 27 January 2021 - 04:51 PM

Had my first shot of the Moderna variety 24 hrs ago in rural NC, about 30 miles from the Big City of Raleigh, where I live. Our state Gummint had said it'd be "between weeks and months" before I would likely get it if I wanted to get it close to home, in my home county. We oldsters (age 65) were encouraged to venture out into surrounding counties and that's what I did.  I signed up online on 1/15/21 and secured a date of 1/21/21 in the next county.  When I reached a point about 4 miles from the drive-through clinic, traffic came to a dead stop and I realized it'd be many hours before I got through, IF I got through at all, so I punted. The make-up date solely for those who could not get through was yesterday and it was relatively seamless.  About an hour wait in a large parking lot with 10-12 lanes of cars about 10 cars deep and I was done.  Sore arm and mild headache last night, both nearly gone now.  Still no telling when my 64 year-old wife will be able to get one.

#38 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 31 January 2021 - 02:06 AM

first shot this afternoon (1/30) 

drive through at the fire station, park for 15 minutes and drive home (well - to the bottom of the driveway where we switched to snowshoes)

#39 LuckyDan

LuckyDan

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • LocationBased in Eastern, NOW CENTRAL Oregon

Posted 31 January 2021 - 03:39 AM

Apparently here in Oregon, the key to success is to being on the road somewhere:

https://www.buzzfeed...nowstorm-oregon

Old, bum around in Ford and an even older FWC Grandby

New Mantra: "Everyday camping is just making up for lost time"

#40 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 11 February 2021 - 04:18 PM

Well gang, I just got my 2nd Moderna Covid-19 and final Vaccine injection yesterday!  The process worked.  I got on list last month and got # 1 shot\ for those over 75 (cat. 1b/c) who wanted one. The 1st  cat (1a). for 1st responders and those in rest homes , completed here. Got my follow up phone call from them a d  I went in to the Lassen County (Calif.) Health Dept Clinic, they had the process  figured out now  -no long lines, in and out in 20 minutes-and a new much safer "ME" walked out to face the world.

I feel like a great weight has been taken off of my shoulders, I mean-if I do catch Covid-19-I probably will not die, maybe  get sick-but I should not die! I do feel lucky though, the local VA clinic got no vaccine at all , they said not enough people here in NE Ca to get a shipment. So around here, it was either get on the list for Lassen County or now up at the Indian Health Center  (they are taking both Indian and Non-Indian applications).   Maybe now I can turn all those trips I have been planning into fact-just make sure I follow the rules and make sure I carry  that nice new "got vaccinated" card with me.

So how are the rest of you folks doing?

Smoke

Edited by Smokecreek1, 11 February 2021 - 04:20 PM.

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users