292 replies to this topic

#241 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,060 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 03 September 2021 - 10:19 PM

Our evacuation order has been lifted (downgraded to evacuation warning). We're cooking the Teds a celebratory dinner this evening. The Teds are changing the locks on their house in the morning.

Suggestion: Keep this link somewhere you can find it should the need arise....

LockPickingLawyer channel (on YouTube)

:)

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

#242 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,302 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 03 September 2021 - 10:36 PM

That's great. About 30 minutes ago our friends that also live in Pollack Pines got the good news.

It will be nice to be back in your own home. Julie will be happy I am sure to be home to rehab.

Hope you don't find many science projects in the fridge.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#243 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,611 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 03 September 2021 - 11:10 PM

Our evacuation order has been lifted (downgraded to evacuation warning). We're cooking the Teds a celebratory dinner this evening. The Teds are changing the locks on their house in the morning.

WOOT WOOT!  Wonderful news!

I am haunted by waters

#244 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,028 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 03 September 2021 - 11:37 PM

I was wondering if you were included in the new evac downgrade. Yay!

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#245 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,984 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 04 September 2021 - 01:32 AM

Great news.  I must be missing something... why are the Ted's changing their locks?

#246 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,367 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 04 September 2021 - 04:20 AM

Great news.  I must be missing something... why are the Ted's changing their locks?

Ted made this joke after we got the call. So we can't get back in after we leave. It's a joke. ☺

Honest, it's a joke, right Ted? ☺

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#247 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,028 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 04 September 2021 - 03:05 PM

Good to see some progress on the Caldor fire. Maybe they can shift some resources back to the Dixie fire. Looks like it might tie into the Beckwourth fire :(

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#248 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,302 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 04 September 2021 - 07:18 PM

Ted made this joke after we got the call. So we can't get back in after we leave. It's a joke. ☺

Honest, it's a joke, right Ted? ☺

I don't know Ski,does Ted still have that  Famous Axe?

Frank

Just kidding Ted,you know we love you. :ph34r:

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#249 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,367 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 04 September 2021 - 08:20 PM

I don't know Ski,does Ted still have that  Famous Axe?

Frank

Just kidding Ted,you know we love you. :ph34r:

We are back home. The Teds are absolutely wonderful. They drove one of our vehicles up as Julie just had knee surgery and then they helped with all kinds of clean up around here. We are - for the most part - settled back in. It is great to still have a house to return to. So many in Grizzly Flats lost everything.

We spent two weeks with the Teds and it was a lot of fun. Ted let me help him with projects and such and they helped keep a close eye on Julie post surgery. She's fast and you can't let her get out of sight.

We love the Teds.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#250 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 04 September 2021 - 08:47 PM

"Honest, it's a joke, right Ted? ☺"

Not only was it a joke, I wish they could have stayed longer. I totally took advantage of their situation and worked Monte daily getting rid of a long list of projects I have been procrastinating on. Of course, being the gentleman he is, he calls it "letting me help with projects".

In all seriousness, there were a number of mods I have been planning for the new Tiger RV and some house projects I have been planning for a while. Whether due to fatigue from my cancer treatments, the very hot summer we have been having, or a little of both, none of them were getting done. They are done now and I am forever grateful to the Ski3pins.

And we are all very happy that they have a home to go back to!

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users