• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 ScottBailey

ScottBailey

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:09 PM

I haven't tried it on my phone yet, but I bet it's gonna be unreadable...

Actually, it looks pretty good on the iPhone.

Scott Bailey -- W7SEB
2007 F350 XLT Diesel CC SRW SB 4x4
Cheap tent and a Partner Steel stove. 
Future? Really like the Hiatus, but I'm broke AF, so dreaming about a DIY.
SOLD: 2008 ATC Panther:dinette, 5th wheel

#32 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:15 PM

No more "new posts" only "today's active posts"? Miss the BOLD headers for unread items.

PM notification...howz that work?

I like the bold thing too and hope to reinstate that at some point. I need to check the PM notification settings - not sure about that yet.

#33 Alaskan Snowbirds

Alaskan Snowbirds

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

DD,

Started to report no problems but it made a liar out of me Posted Image

I did a multiquote and added a separate typed in quote agreeing with TT's comment in "THE CHANGE" thread in this forum and when it got to the second emoticon it truncated the rest of the message. Don't know if it was my problem or the software. I tried it both by copy/paste and directly typing in the quote. I'll try it at the bottom of this message so you can see where it truncates. Just doesn't seem fair that TT gets to post it and I don't! Posted Image

Otherwise pretty seamless and it seems a little more intuitive to use. I do like the multiquote and the new emoticons Posted Image

'birds
(64bit with IE8)

In the following I typed in a string of 5 emoticons with the same wording TT used when he posted them and this is where it truncates:

Like TT said in another thread: "IPosted Image like
Duane & Susan 2007 Dodge 2500 4X4 Hemi - 2008 FWC Grandby

#34 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:42 PM

DD, I'll second Sunman's comment about both the lack of "new posts" and bold headings. The "View New Content" takes me to the beginning of the thread instead of the first new post or am I missing something?
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#35 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:52 PM

DD, I'll second Sunman's comment about both the lack of "new posts" and bold headings. The "View New Content" takes me to the beginning of the thread instead of the first new post or am I missing something?

The view new content works the same with this new software as it did in the previous version. In the previous version the thread title took you to the first post in that thread, and the little arrow icon next to the thread title took you to the latest post within that thread. The little arrow icon is in the new software, on the right side of the page when you click new content.

#36 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:48 PM

I just clicked on "members".....wow, looks like there are some new members waiting for validation, like a zillion! B)

Those are all from the time I had registration open on the old board and we got bombarded with spammers.

#37 Wolfie

Wolfie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:58 PM

Like this... not seeing how to do pm's anywhere. Is that still an option?

Yeah you click on the users name and in the left column in their profile there is an option to send a message.

PM's are easy. To go to your messenger, click on your name (top right of the page) and a menu will drop down, you can access your messenger from there.

To send a PM to someone else, you can either do it from your messenger (type in the first few letters of their name and matching names will appear), do it from that persons profile OR click on the little Posted Image next to a persons name and one of the icons at the bottom of that card will let you send a PM.

Do you need a "Reply" after each post?

That Reply button quotes the post and adds a reply to the thread at the same time. The "Add Reply" button at the top and bottom of each page allows you to add a reply either without quotes, or with quotes from multiple posts. You can also multi-quote posts from one topic and then reply in another topic and you'll have the quotes from the first topic available to you. Very useful.

Double post - whoops!

DD can adjust a setting so that if the same member posts twice in a row (within a certain time frame) then both posts will be merged together. It's up to him though.

While looking at the emoticons I noticed links to some of the old ones, like :cool: and all it did was paste the text. I didn't show up in the preview, I wonder if it will in this actual post.

The emoticons may not be in the right folder.

Multiquote allows you to select several posts to quote at the same time.

As mentioned above, can also be used to quote posts from one topic into another. :)

No more "new posts" only "today's active posts"? Miss the BOLD headers for unread items.

PM notification...howz that work?

Looks good DD, just gonna take some getting used to, appreciate the efforts.

I've told DD how he can make new posts bold. Whether or not he makes use of it is up to him and how comfortable he feels fiddling with some of the data.

What exactly is the question about PM notifications?

Any software change takes getting used to, but IPB is definitely a good investment. :)

I haven't tried it on my phone yet, but I bet it's gonna be unreadable... I'll check it later and post.

Actually, it looks pretty good on the iPhone.

There is a separate skin designed to work automatically on phones and other browsers that can't handle the fancy stuff. You can actually view it on your computer too. Scroll to the bottom, on the left you'll see a drop down menu. Just choose the "LoFi" skin.

I like the bold thing too and hope to reinstate that at some point. I need to check the PM notification settings - not sure about that yet.

I can assist you with the bold thing if you need help setting it up (check your request on the support site). What's wrong with the PM settings? Notifications not being sent out or something?

#38 Tomas Tierra

Tomas Tierra

• Members
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationHollywood Beach, Alta California

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:25 AM

I sent Sunman a pm yesterday to check out the notification sitch...he returned a test and I got an email notification to my outlook express home email....interesting/fyi
Was, 1988 Toyota custom cab 4by with 1984 fwc Fleet
Then,1995 Toyota T-100 4by with 1984 fwc Fleet
Then,1993 Toyota T-100 longbed 4by with 2002 fwc Ranger
Then, 2002 Toyota Tundra AC 4by with 2002 fwc Ranger
NOW, 2005 TOYOTA TUNDRA DOUBLE CAB 4x4 WITH 2001 FWC HAWK EXT

#39 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

I also got an email on my home outlook express. Mine was informing me that DD had friended me on WTW. Shouldn't these notifications be coming to us when we log on at WTW, not our home email accounts?

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#40 Wolfie

Wolfie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:24 PM

I also got an email on my home outlook express. Mine was informing me that DD had friended me on WTW. Shouldn't these notifications be coming to us when we log on at WTW, not our home email accounts?

You can change the type of notification here:
Settings / Profile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users