89 replies to this topic

#51 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

Okay Mark, I give up! bought a AVS converter program, works great but will down load into the Gallery but not into the forums and threads. Even got on one of those photo sites you mentioned, still would not down load all the way into the FWC site. I managed somehow to down load my Bobs Snake bite photos and into my bio by using the Avatar selection last fall (I think)! So I guess I'll keep down loading into the Gallery, but it would be nice to do another thread without putting everything into the gallery first! Any suggestions for we pc dummies?

Smoke
Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#52 lqhikers

lqhikers

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • Locationla quinta calif

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

i feel your pain,still can not figure out why it
is soooo easy to down load pictures on craigslist
and imposable on most forums!( for me)
they seem to be all different.
somebody should realize that some of us will always be computer challenged (me)
i admit that i have a hard time focusing and when something involves many terms that are
not in my daily use i tend to lose direction.when that happens i just walk away from computer.

but it does not bother me to much as we are getting close to taking delivery of our new rig
and then i can turn off the computer and do what we do best,head for the back country!

drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Les,lqhikers

#53 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

Smokecreek, lqhikers, I'd like to help whomever needs help, as I posted here.

Send me a private message, to get started, as I suggested in that linked post, and I bet I can help you share your photos on WTW. :)

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#54 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

Okay Mark, give me some time to figure what to ask and how to do it, then I'll email and we can start from there-really appreciate your help on this. Probably will not try today-sort of watching March Maddness in between posts, and I need to concentrate to do this!

Smoke
Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#55 Bosque Bill

Bosque Bill

• Members
  • 743 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

Looks to me like any photo uploaded to the WtW galleries will have "WANDERTHEWEST.COM" watermark imposed on the image. Is that correct?

I kind of understand the thinking, but this would be positioned right on top of my watermark which I create to provide a caption and copyright for each individual image. That's a deal breaker for me, so I guess I need to use a third-party site or my own server to host the images.

"I'm not an expert; I'm an enthusiast!" - New Mexico, U.S.A - The Land of Enchantment

http://bosquebill.blogspot.com My Travel Blog

http://www.bosquebill.com My New Mexico Website

2013 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab SR5 V6 4x4 - 2013 FWC Fleet

#56 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

Looks to me like any photo uploaded to the WtW galleries will have "WANDERTHEWEST.COM" watermark imposed on the image. Is that correct?

I kind of understand the thinking, but this would be positioned right on top of my watermark which I create to provide a caption and copyright for each individual image. That's a deal breaker for me, so I guess I need to use a third-party site or my own server to host the images.

Yeah...with all the options for free photo-hosting on the web these days, the only good reason to upload photos to WTW galleries is to contribute to the database of browsable galleries as a resource for others -- when place-photos are uploaded to the geographically-categorized galleries.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#57 Bosque Bill

Bosque Bill

• Members
  • 743 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

Yeah...with all the options for free photo-hosting on the web these days, the only good reason to upload photos to WTW galleries is to contribute to the database of browsable galleries as a resource for others -- when place-photos are uploaded to the geographically-categorized galleries.

I was going to host the photos on G+ and post on WTW, but Google has made that essentially impossible as they want everyone to uses G+ instead. Ironically, I'll create a blog on their Blogspot platform despite their killing off their Google Reader. I'd user WordPress, but their free offering is limited and I admit to being a cheapskate :rolleyes: . I'm working on a trip report and will post the link here, as many others have by posting links to their external blogs.

I'd be happy to contribute geographical gallery photos, but notice the options are very limited for New Mexico. Is intervention by a moderator or administrator needed to create new geographical areas? Are these limited to federal lands, not state parks?

"I'm not an expert; I'm an enthusiast!" - New Mexico, U.S.A - The Land of Enchantment

http://bosquebill.blogspot.com My Travel Blog

http://www.bosquebill.com My New Mexico Website

2013 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab SR5 V6 4x4 - 2013 FWC Fleet

#58 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

The Geographic Areas, National Parks, and Advocacy sections were installed by the original owner of the website. At the time he would add locations as requested. I don't know if the new owners are interested in expanding the sections, but will try to find out.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#59 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

Bosque Bill and anyone else that would like to add a location to the Geographic Areas,

Janet H is an administrator for WTW and can have areas added to the section. send her a message with the details of where you would like added. Once it is added you can then upload photos, comments, etc. Thanks for your interest and willingness to do this.

Ted

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#60 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Ted,

Expediton Portal but they seem to have photo posting figured out. As I recall it is quite simple. Is it possible to have the same set up here?

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users