38 replies to this topic

#31 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:23 AM

Highz, what brand is that kitchen sprayer in the picture?
I'm thinking of getting one as everyone knows that the shower hose included with the Zodi Extreme SC Shower is pretty cheap but I want to get the same one to make sure it fits properly.

I have to agree that the Zodi Extreme is more useful than the Zodi Hot Tap Series. For one, you don't have to worry about the setting the shower tent on fire by knocking the burner over and no need to carry extra batteries as the pump is manual. It's got a great design.

Joel, sorry for the delay responding. The kitchen sprayer attachment was just one that I picked up at the small hardware store in Cloudcroft, NM. They only had one type (I was surprised they had any at all). I threw away the packaging, so can't tell you the brand. I can drop by the store on my next trip to town if you like, but I do believe the fittings are standardized anyway.

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#32 LAWNMOWERMAN

LAWNMOWERMAN

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:57 PM

Here is an old Fire Extinguisher that I converted to a portable shower.Just a couple of mods and a kitchen sprayer from ACE.I do not know how much water it holds(3-4 gallons?) but there is plenty for a real nice shower.I could probably get 2 showers if I need to be stingy with the water.I pressurize it with my converted "Scott Air" tank and O2 welding regulator.One charge 60-80 psi is enough emty the entire tank.

Attached Thumbnails

• phpRXEP0IPM.jpg
  • phpx9xUTCPM.jpg
  • phpdaNqL1PM.jpg

2017 Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad / 2014 ATC Bobcat / Tucson,Az

#33 Phil

Phil

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:23 PM

Now that's thinking out of the box! I like that idea.
1999 Grandby FWC

#34 Desert Rancher

Desert Rancher

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSocal desert

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:39 PM

Oh boy, another project!!
This has been sitting in my yard for years.

What fittings are required?

Thanks,
Jeff

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01095 (Large).JPG

Granbaby ridin' on an F250HD 4x4, International Diesel powered T444E "And camping will grant each man new hope...as sleep brings dreams of home"

#35 LAWNMOWERMAN

LAWNMOWERMAN

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:14 AM

Oh boy, another project!!
This has been sitting in my yard for years.

What fittings are required?

Thanks,
Jeff

You will need a brass fitting - 3/8" male compression(tank side)to 1/4" male Pipe thread(to the kitcken sprayer).I cut the end that sticks out on the comp. side back to the begining of threads.I replaced the tank seal and valve orings.You will need to make something to hold the valve open while in use.I use a short piece of velcro strap.The sprayer valve will hold pressure while in use.

#36 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:00 PM

Just enjoyed our new Zodi Extreme on a four day tour of Nevada. I added a kitchen spray hose, as suggested. The abilty to have pressurized, evev heated water in camp is fantastic. I even washed the dog with it. We found it was really nice for rinsing off after soaking in a hot spring. So I had filled the Zodo with creek water, then got bright idea to heat the unit by bringing the Zodi into the hot spring. Perfect! Fresh hot water on demand without needing a stove.

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#37 Desert Rancher

Desert Rancher

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSocal desert

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:00 PM

I replaced the tank seal and valve orings.

LAWNMOWERMAN

Got the fitting, however I'm having trouble finding the o-rings-especially the tank seal.
Where did you get yours?

Thanks-
Granbaby ridin' on an F250HD 4x4, International Diesel powered T444E "And camping will grant each man new hope...as sleep brings dreams of home"

#38 LAWNMOWERMAN

LAWNMOWERMAN

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:56 PM

I got my o-rings at Ace Hardware.

#39 sdmarkus

sdmarkus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:35 PM

Man, I love this website...I was in the market for a ZODI, read this thread and happened to have a water extinguisher laying around the house.

Don't ask me what we used to do with this fire extinguisher in my rebellious youth ;)

A quick stop at Home Depot and with the help of my portable tire inflator, I was in business!

Need to do some fine tuning as the fitting that joins the sprayer to the hose leaks a bit under pressure, but other than that this thing works great!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users