38 replies to this topic

#11 kcowyo

kcowyo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLander, Wyoming

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:51 AM

KCOWYO,

what shower shelter is that? It looks different that the Zodi shelter.

Cort

Outback Porta Privy - set up is easy, breakdown equally easy after several failed attempts, lots of cussing and a few blows to the ego. Especially when the wife does it in 3 seconds after you've spent 15 minutes trying, lol! I think it's gender specific...

The kitchen trigger sprayer I happened to see at WalMart one day. Came with a hose and the coupler just happened to fit the Zodi perfectly. Think it was like, $7...? I just swapped out the entire stock hose & head for the new one. I don't have specific pic of mine, but it's very similar to this one -

Posted Image

The Four Wheel Camper Review Thread

Toyota T100/FWC Eagle

#12 Cort

Cort

Captain Moderation

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata, CA/Northern CA

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:00 AM

Nice and simple, I love it.

Cort

#13 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:08 AM

kitchen trigger sprayer[/url] I happened to see at WalMart one day. Came with a hose and the coupler just happened to fit the Zodi perfectly. Think it was like, $7...? I just swapped out the entire stock hose & head for the new one. I don't have specific pic of mine, but it's very similar to this one -

Posted Image

A very good idea the kitchen sprayer is! I'll have to do that.

Stew

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#14 kcowyo

kcowyo

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:30 AM

I'll try to pull my Zodi out tomorrow and snap a pic. Water management & conservation is so much easier with the trigger sprayer vs. the stock pull-out, push-in shower head. That thing was a total pain to operate with soapy hands.

A shower in camp is now simple enough, that even though I bought it all for her, I enjoy using it too.

Toyota T100/FWC Eagle

#15 Bseek

Bseek

Gypsy Feet

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • LocationSonora, Ca Sierra Foothills

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:37 AM

Cabella's has the Zodi pump only for $30. You get a battery pack, and a drop in a bucket input, and a spray head. If you have another way to heat water, this is simpler and cheaper.
Subaru Outback Gypsy Wagon
2013 Toyota Tacoma DCLB : 2015 ATC Bobcat shell
By the way, it's Brenda   https://sierrashadow.wordpress.com/

#16 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:43 AM

Cabella's has the Zodi pump only for $30. You get a battery pack, and a drop in a bucket input, and a spray head. If you have another way to heat water, this is simpler and cheaper.

The pump, batteries, etc. is all the stuff I don't want to deal with. Priming the darn pump etc.....trust me.....the Zodi Extreme is the way to go...it is simple and works every time. All that other "stuff" is what you don't want to deal with.

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#17 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:04 AM

And yet one more thumbs up for the Zodi Extreme. Besides providing a great shower, it's good for dousing a campfire, and other camp chores. Plus, since I have only a 12 gallon water tank, I like being able to carry a couple of extra gallons in it.

I just got Bass Pro shop's big catalog, and it has a shower shelter with their brand name that looks a lot like the Outback shelter. It's about the same price, too.

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#18 Cort

Cort

Captain Moderation

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata, CA/Northern CA

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:44 AM

Thanks for all the info everyone. I think I will be going with the Extreme and the outback Privy per everyone's suggestions. I notice that the Extreme would be great for putting fires out too.

Thanks again everyone,

Cort

#19 fish more

fish more

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationSierra Foothills

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:09 AM

Just make sure if you use the "Outback Porta Privy" in the wind, the crapper makes a mess when the shelter blows over, ask Jon, the crap is still on his property at Eagle Lake. I will never hear the end about the "Outback". Although, it is a great simple shelter, stores down to nothing, surf the net, there are some better deals out their than Bass Pro Shop. Use stakes !! Save a turd !!

#20 kcowyo

kcowyo

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:33 PM

A couple of quick shots of the hose & trigger sprayer. Pressed for time, didn't pull it all out and set it up, but something for a visual... Again, this is great for being able to control the water 'on & off' with soapy hands. Bought this all assembled at Wally World for less than $10, a couple of years ago, screw right onto the Zodi Extreme, replacing the stock hose & head -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Toyota T100/FWC Eagle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users