#1 Cort

Cort

Captain Moderation

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata, CA/Northern CA

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

Hello all,

I have been looking at the Zodi on demand hot water showers and am wondering if anyone has any experience with them. The two models I am looking at are below

http://www.zodi.com/...avelshower.html
http://www.zodi.com/...aphpshower.html

If anyone has used these let me know what you think. I plan on getting the conversion for a propane tank so I can use it with the tank that will be in my Bobcat that I just ordered.

Thanks,

Cort

#2 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

If anyone has used these let me know what you think.

I have purchased two Zodi showers prior to buying the Hawk camper (I have the hot shower option). The first one was the Hot Tap On-Demand Hot Shower #6185. I didn't care for it much and ended up giving it away. The thing kept falling over during use....and was kind of a pain to use. The last time it fell over the heat from the propane melted the hose.

The next Zodi shower I purchased was Extreme series #8170. I didn't use the propane heater part....I just heated it up on the camp stove. This unit is a true pleasure to use. Far better than the first one. In fact, I still have it as I can't talk myself into parting with it.

I was toying with the idea of rigging up an inside shower curtain like some on this forum have done....and be able to take indoor showers during inclimate weather. I may use the Zodi Extreme as the indoor water source....or I may plumb in an extra shower hook-up on the inside (by teeing off of the existing system) so I can use my FWC shower on the inside or outside.

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#3 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:13 PM

The next Zodi shower I purchased was Extreme series #8170. I didn't use the propane heater part....I just heated it up on the camp stove. This unit is a true pleasure to use. Far better than the first one. In fact, I still have it as I can't talk myself into parting with it.

I agree with Sled about the Zodi. I use a Zodi Extreme and heat it on my stove. It is simple and I love it!

If want to take a shower in the forest or behind a rock, I just carry it with me and pump.

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#4 kcowyo

kcowyo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLander, Wyoming

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:14 AM

Another vote here for the super-simple Zodi Extreme. Love ours. Swap the stock head for a kitchen trigger sprayer and you're good to go. This photo was taken after letting it sit full in the sun, while we went on afternoon hike. Temp was perfect upon our return to camp...

Posted Image

The Four Wheel Camper Review Thread

Toyota T100/FWC Eagle

#5 Cort

Cort

Captain Moderation

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:30 AM

thanks for the info guys. I think I will give the extreme a try.

Cort

#6 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:38 AM

This photo was taken after letting it sit full in the sun, while we went on afternoon hike.

I love that Outback Porta Privy too. Sets up and folds down in seconds.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0007_20001_hawk_on_ford.JPG

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#7 Cort

Cort

Captain Moderation

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:39 AM

KCOWYO,

what shower shelter is that? It looks different that the Zodi shelter.

Cort

#8 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:40 AM

Swap the stock head for a kitchen trigger sprayer and you're good to go.

kcowyo,

Do you happen to have a picture of the kitchen trigger sprayer you installed?

#9 Cort

Cort

Captain Moderation

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:42 AM

Never mind I just missed the post. I am going to check out the Outback Porta Privy, I like the looks of it.

I would like to see the picture of the kitchen trigger sprayer as well

Cheers,

Cort

#10 BSS

BSS

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • LocationState of Jefferson

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:51 AM

Zodi extreme: awesome. I cut the end of the hose off and fitted it with a regular shower head. It's pure bliss.

Zodi regular: marginal but works. Packs smaller but lacks quality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users