38 replies to this topic

#21 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:54 PM

I need to get one of those for the outside shower. The little lever on the stock head is annoying to use.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#22 Skeeter

Skeeter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationWA and AZ

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:34 PM

I just bought one of those kithchen sparyers from Wallyword and it does not fit on my Zodi. I took the valve off with the red handle and it sill does not fit all the way. I did manage to secure it enough and it doesnt leak, but the water only comes out in spurts instead of a constant stream. I know this is not rocket science, but what in the hell am I doing wrong? -skeeter
"Can you skin grizz pilgrim?" -Bear Claw - 03' Tacoma, 97' Ranger II

#23 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

I just bought one of those kithchen sparyers from Wallyword and it does not fit on my Zodi. I took the valve off with the red handle and it sill does not fit all the way. I did manage to secure it enough and it doesnt leak, but the water only comes out in spurts instead of a constant stream. I know this is not rocket science, but what in the hell am I doing wrong? -skeeter

Bummer, Skeeter. Here's a pic of how mine attaches. Hope this helps. The sprayer fit to the Zodi without any mods on my part.

Attached Thumbnails

• zodi.jpg

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#24 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:05 AM

Bummer, Skeeter. Here's a pic of how mine attaches. Hope this helps. The sprayer fit to the Zodi without any mods on my part.

There seems to be a stack of about three brass fittings on your Zodi, HighZ, that aren't on mine. I just have a simple clamp holding the stock hose to the stock Zodi water can. And what is that? Is that an on/off valve I see there? How does the bottom fitting (the valve?) fit to the can?

Stew

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#25 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 03:01 AM

There seems to be a stack of about three brass fittings on your Zodi, HighZ, that aren't on mine. I just have a simple clamp holding the stock hose to the stock Zodi water can. And what is that? Is that an on/off valve I see there? How does the bottom fitting (the valve?) fit to the can?

Stew

Yep, it's a lot of brass, alright. The fittings up to and including the red on/off valve were stock Zodi. All I did was unscrew the Zodi shower line connection (also threaded brass) and screw on the dish sprayer line, which was the same thread size. It was really that simple. All of the fittings you see are threaded, even into the can. I haven't removed the one at the can, though, so I don't know if there is a threaded sleeve in there, but I assume so.

I bought mine two years ago. Maybe Zodi has changed their design?

I wouldn't want to remove the Zodi valve. I sometimes travel with the container filled, and I don't want to find water all over the camper floor when I arrive at my destination. It would be too easy for the dish sprayer to get pressed open.

-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#26 Skeeter

Skeeter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationWA and AZ

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:14 AM

I went out and bought another brand at Home depot and the same thing, does not fit. I bought my Zodi about a year ago. I will try one more brand and see if it works. -skeeter

#27 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:19 AM

I went out and bought another brand at Home depot and the same thing, does not fit. I bought my Zodi about a year ago. I will try one more brand and see if it works. -skeeter

Maybe all you need is an adapter? Is your Zodi different than mine?

-------------

#28 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:08 PM

My Zodi is eight-years old without the on/off valve or any of the other brass fittings. For me to use the aftermarket shower head, I'd have to cut off the brass on the end of the sprayer hose and use a small hose clamp to attach it to the can.

Stew

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#29 Skeeter

Skeeter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationWA and AZ

Posted 31 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

Maybe all you need is an adapter? Is your Zodi different than mine?

It looks exactly the same, with the red handle and brass fittings. I have one more plan before I move on to another projet. I will try the one in the kitchen and see if I can get that to work.

#30 Joel T.

Joel T.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:36 PM

Highz, what brand is that kitchen sprayer in the picture?
I'm thinking of getting one as everyone knows that the shower hose included with the Zodi Extreme SC Shower is pretty cheap but I want to get the same one to make sure it fits properly.

I have to agree that the Zodi Extreme is more useful than the Zodi Hot Tap Series. For one, you don't have to worry about the setting the shower tent on fire by knocking the burner over and no need to carry extra batteries as the pump is manual. It's got a great design.
Keep Clean Wherever You go http://www.CampingShowerWorld.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users