41 replies to this topic

#1 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:47 PM

Knowing how I feel about these things it could be a self fullfilling prophecy but the stupid thing took a $#!t just when we needed it most. Go figure. I don't know if it was the angle the truck was parked on or the altitude (7100') even though neither had been a problem in the past. The burner was working fined as was the fridge when we left home. It stayed lit for the entire drive and while we were in Pagosa Springs but no cooling - or at least very little. The propane ran out on the way to Durango so here's the question. WTF?

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#2 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:18 PM

I concur, WTF. I'm using mine to store other stuff. Maybe a Stirling is the answer.

Sent from te lakeshore North of Tahoe. :D
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

#3 Darryla

Darryla

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

I sure you guys know more than I, but I was told to use the 12V when driving and not the propane. I only use the propane while parked?

Darryl
ATC Bobcat
ATC Bobcat, 2001 Tacoma 4X4, Supersprings, Bilsteins, Hewig Stabalizer

#4 Steve Scearce

Steve Scearce

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationDurango, Colorado

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:34 PM

Our 3-way makes a fine cabinet!
2003 Tundra Access Cab, 1999 Phoenix Coyote, AirLift airbags

#5 1tonpaulie

1tonpaulie

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • LocationJohnsburg, Illinois

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

Chnlisle I had a Adventurer 810 ws with a 3 way fridge. After I bought the camper it was back to the dealer 7 or 8 times for the same reason. On the propane side it sucked and on the electric side it didn't get hot enough. My 3 way was junk from the get go! I currently have a FWC Grandby with a duel voltage Engel MT- 35 with a two zone. With all I have read about this fridge they are bullet proof.

1 ton Pauliersz_p5020073.jpg

#6 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:11 PM

Guys this is my 4th 3way so unfortunately I've experienced it all but this current one was working pretty well up until last weekend. I'm hoping that when it gets below .25 tank it becomes an issue so I'll fill it up in the AM an see what happens. My guess is it will become my new pantry and I have a new Extreme + in my future. I like ice it's slightly less complicated than a pencil

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#7 Darryla

Darryla

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:36 PM

Hi All: If you do find a refer with a freezer that can fit in the same spot let us all know? I guess that I have lived with nothing so long that something was ok.

Darryl
ATC Bobcat, 2001 Tacoma 4X4, Supersprings, Bilsteins, Hewig Stabalizer

#8 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:13 AM

Mine did the exact same thing. The burner was a little bit clogged. FWC's web site - www.fourwheelcamper.com has PDF copies of the manuals. Page 8 of http://www.fourwheel...efrigerator.pdf has the cleaning instructions for the burner on my Dometic. It works great again.

#9 CJinCA

CJinCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:18 AM

Knowing how I feel about these things it could be a self fullfilling prophecy but the stupid thing took a $#!t just when we needed it most. Go figure. I don't know if it was the angle the truck was parked on or the altitude (7100') even though neither had been a problem in the past. The burner was working fined as was the fridge when we left home. It stayed lit for the entire drive and while we were in Pagosa Springs but no cooling - or at least very little. The propane ran out on the way to Durango so here's the question. WTF?

My Norcold was D.O.A. from the factory. It would light and remain lit 100% of the time, but that was all. No refrigeration happening whether it was LPG, 12v or 120v. A Norcold dealer condemned the unit and suggested complete replacement. I wasn't thrilled with that, but I drove back down to Woodland and FWC's crew warranty-installed a Dometic branded unit in short order - no questions asked. THANKS STAN! The Dometic has been fine so far. If and when it starts giving problems, I plan to go to a 2-way 12/120v unit.

I sure you guys know more than I, but I was told to use the 12V when driving and not the propane. I only use the propane while parked?

I do the same when driving. The 85 watts of solar and truck alternator keep the house battery charged fine and the refrigerator running cold.

#10 griz

griz

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationCampbell River, B.C.

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:37 AM

I find the deal with fridges down south interesting. Must be your HOT outside temp. Its not a problem up this way as far as I know. My unit is a 1989 and still running. I sure like the idea of the 12v. units, saw them at a marine trade show and they are something to consider.
Thks all good site...............
"Quando omni flunkus moritati"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users