(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#22 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,775 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

May end up taking the burner assembly apart and wire brushing everything to get any corrosion off. Clean the jet and while apart blow out the propane line that gunk can be pushing up against the jet.

Also blow out the stack, where the burner vents to. Reassemble and make sure the thermocouple is in the flame. There are flames that look good but some are deceiving and not a strong one.

A empty tank you can get 4 to 4.3 gallons depending on the temperature. A five gallon tank needs room for expansion.

I have heard that if propane is not run for a very long time the stuff inside the tubes settles and packs. Then the cure is to take the refrigerator unit out and turn upside down. Think of a fire extinguisher the powder inside packs.

Good luck Jay.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#23 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:47 AM

Interesting Jay. Never heard that and I did a research paper on propane ages ago (when i was still taking fire science classes) . A common yet overlooked problem is spiders. Some that are nearly invisible to the eye can take up residence in the lines and plug them up.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#24 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:58 AM

CR, I need a much bigger pencil.

That's what she said.
2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#25 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:42 PM

Ok guys this is what I've done. Run the stove burners for 5 min. Vacuumed everything. wire brushed burner and thermocouple. Blew compressed air through lines. Used a long neck butane lighter for 10 mins. Pretty much everything I could think of but kneel towards the east. I'm going over to talk to a Norcold tech in the AM for more ideas. These things are supposed to be simple but I guess I'm just too slow to pencil it out.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#26 LAWNMOWERMAN

LAWNMOWERMAN

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:14 PM

Jay -Here is a little trick I use to start my Norcold 3way.(Assuming that you can get the flame to light while holding the pilot valve down.)While you have the the pilot valve depressed turn the selecter switch from GAS to OFF position a couple of times and return to GAS then let go of the pilot valve.If you are lucky the flame will stay lit.Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_1158.jpg

2017 Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad / 2014 ATC Bobcat / Tucson,Az

#27 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:13 PM

That's a new one. I'll let you know how it works out.
Thanks

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#28 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,775 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:55 PM

Ok guys this is what I've done. Run the stove burners for 5 min. Vacuumed everything. wire brushed burner and thermocouple. Blew compressed air through lines. Used a long neck butane lighter for 10 mins. Pretty much everything I could think of but kneel towards the east. I'm going over to talk to a Norcold tech in the AM for more ideas. These things are supposed to be simple but I guess I'm just too slow to pencil it out.

Did you remove the jet and clean it and than blow out the line with the jet removed???

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#29 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:14 PM

Pat,
I haven't done that yet. This thing is beginning to be a marathon. Thanks for the suggestion I'll give it a try.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#30 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:49 AM

When I cleaned and fixed my Dometic, I removed the burner assembly. If you go this route, which seems indicated at this point, be sure to use 2 wrenches, one on the burner assembly and one on the flare nut, so as not to twist the gas supply line.

The burner assembly is basically a carburetor. There are only a few parts, but pay close attention to how things come apart and put them back in the same order and orientation that you found them. Specifically, the orifice (the donut with a really small hole in it). Also, I wouldn't get too aggressive with the wire brush. The idea is the clean, not change the shape or size components.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users