#41 Bajaxplorer

Bajaxplorer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:29 PM

Thanks for the update/recommendations, Tom.
Does FWC know the specific serial number they installed for each camper unit? Should we at least go in and get the serial number to compare with the Surepower recall list?
Will await your suggestion.
BTW, Hi, hope all is well, and look forward to seeing the new shop.
Michael

Edit: Very easy to pull the panel which the 1314 is behind (2010 Hawk), and ours is one of the recall units. Taking a trip from AZ 8/15 - 9/20 (NV, ID, WY & NM), so other than watching this thing closely there is not much else I can do. Keep in mind that this unit has been in my daily driver for over a year.

I'm lost, but I'm making good time. Beer is good food. Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. Beer is the reason I get up every afternoon. Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy. Beer is water that has reached it's full potential.

#42 fourwheeltom

fourwheeltom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

We are considering all campers produced from 2009 until present as possibly affected by the recall, so please do not remove panels or make any modifications. We are working directly with Sure Power and Cooper Bussman senior management to address this situation with the greatest urgency. As soon as I can provide direction, it will be posted here. Please be patient; we should have a solution very, very soon.
Thanks,
Tom

#43 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

Interesting. My 2007 ATC has a "Coast Power" unit from "Coast Distributors" and "CP No: 11527". I can't even find it with Google.
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#44 Roger

Roger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:05 AM

Just looking out for you:

http://www.coastdistribution.com/Products.aspx

Roger

Interesting. My 2007 ATC has a "Coast Power" unit from "Coast Distributors" and "CP No: 11527". I can't even find it with Google.

#45 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

Thanks, Roger. I didn't find anything on their site indicating a recall, so I think I'm good to go...
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#46 fourwheeltom

fourwheeltom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

That's an old stock number which has been updated. It is for the Sure Power 1314 separator that is involved in the recall.

#47 fourwheeltom

fourwheeltom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:36 PM

Four Wheel is finalizing plans with Sure Power for a recall, and an announcement will be made as early as tomorrow, Aug. 2. Thanks you for your patience. Tom Hanagan, President.

#48 OutbacKamper

OutbacKamper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationKelowna, BC, Canada

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:47 AM

I happen to have a new in box "Blue Lightning" battery isolator marked "made in USA for Coast Distribution", it is made by Sure Power.
CP No: 11527, Model: 1314CP, serial number 07000028.
Looking at the recall serial numbers and model numbers it does not appear to be part of the recall. If any WTW member needs a separator and can't wait for the new Sure Power models in September, I would be happy to sell it for a fair price. I paid $110.99CDN + tax about 2 years ago. I will sell it for $80 + shipping or best offer. Please pm me if you are interested, first come first served.
Cheers
Mark

#49 LT Traveler

LT Traveler

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

Four Wheel is finalizing plans with Sure Power for a recall, and an announcement will be made as early as tomorrow, Aug. 2. Thanks you for your patience. Tom Hanagan, President.

Bumping this to the top to see if there's been any progress, it's been almost a week without any updates. Thanks and anxiously waiting to hear what Sure Power has/is coming up with for all of us.

Thanks again.
2004 Nissan Titan w/ 2011 FWC Hawk

#50 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,297 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

Bumping this to the top to see if there's been any progress, it's been almost a week without any updates. Thanks and anxiously waiting to hear what Sure Power has/is coming up with for all of us.

Thanks again.

LT,Marty from ATC has contacted all owners with recalled units.They have a replacement.You or others might e-mail him about a replacement.
This issue for me has been a strange one.I had the 1314 unit ,dealt with Sure Power and will receive a refund.Now the new unit I purchased is the 1314-200 which is NOT on the recall list,but after installing it I find that it runs very hot to the touch and am returning it. After talking with Marty he is sending me the replacement they are using on new campers.
I understand the frustration with this issue.We are about to head north and don't want problems with a over heating unit,but it seems that the people at FWC should get back to owners with a solution and replacement.Not just hold tight and we'll get to you weeks from now.Just my opinion.
Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users