#11 Mr. Prescott

Mr. Prescott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationPrescott - Arizona

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

Storing a 5 gallon bucket is still a pain.
I use this.
http://www.rvplus.co...tank-r7701.html

Compact when empty. (Only like 3" thick folded up.)
And expands automatically when filling.
And, cheap.

Here's a pic testing it out in the driveway

#12 Mr. Prescott

Mr. Prescott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

I like the idea of Collapsible and Marshfly has the Zebra, I looked this up on line not sure it was the Zebra brand but one gentlemen that bought this was upset that the collapsible gray water did not fill very well.  He said because there was no value in it the water had a hard time filling the collapsiible bag.  Just was wondering if anyone was having a problem with that before I purchase one.

#13 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:29 AM

I like the idea of Collapsible and Marshfly has the Zebra, I looked this up on line not sure it was the Zebra brand but one gentlemen that bought this was upset that the collapsible gray water did not fill very well.  He said because there was no value in it the water had a hard time filling the collapsiible bag.  Just was wondering if anyone was having a problem with that before I purchase one.

I believe I am using the same hose as on the Zebra. In fact, I think what I have is the Zebra, not a Reliance container, as I said before. The hose is vented at the connector, and filling is only a problem if there is a kink in the hose or the vent is closed. That's been my experience, anyway.

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#14 Mr. Prescott

Mr. Prescott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

Thanks that helps me a lot.

Dave

#15 JHa6av8r

JHa6av8r

• Validating
  • 510 posts
  • Location.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

I believe I am using the same hose as on the Zebra. In fact, I think what I have is the Zebra, not a Reliance container, as I said before. The hose is vented at the connector, and filling is only a problem if there is a kink in the hose or the vent is closed. That's been my experience, anyway.

x2, fills without any issues as long as the vent is open and/or the hose isn't kinked.  Whenever we've had an issue it was because the vent accidentally was closed moving the container around.

#16 Marshfly

Marshfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:27 AM

Yep. I just used it for a 2.5 week trip to wyoming and colorado. The only time I had trouble with it was when I forgot to open the vent. When open, it drains just like your sink at home. The only issue is that the hose that comes with it is too short for my truck, a new 4wd F150 with 34" tires. I have to put it on a folding stool to not stress the hose. Most normal height trucks should have no problem as I'd only need the hose to be a couple of inches longer to work great.

2014 Ram 3500 Crew 4wd Cummins, 2013 Lance 855

#17 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:45 AM

Still have my old water hose and an empty bleach container :D ----also have one for night water-just got to rememember witch is witch :P !

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#18 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

Still have my old water hose and an empty bleach container :D ----also have one for night water-just got to rememember witch is witch :P !

Smoke

night water?

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#19 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

I must be old :wacko: ---devise used for a midnight pee in a civilized campground when the bathroom is to far-evolved from originial use while drinking beer at a drive-in movie :P !

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#20 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,602 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

night water?

I must be old :wacko: ---devise used for a midnight pee in a civilized campground when the bathroom is to far-evolved from originial use while drinking beer at a drive-in movie :P !

Smoke

I think "night water" is a phrase related to "night soil", more common in the days when "gardyloo" was heard ringing out in the morn from windows above city streets.  ;)

...TMI?  :blink:

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users