56 replies to this topic

#21 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:52 PM

Do you have a link to the MeTer and the Thermometer? I've had couple and they always break. That one looks nicer than any I've tried. 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#22 norcalhusky

norcalhusky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:10 PM

Sure, here ya go:

MT-5 LCD Display Remote Meter for Solar Regulator, Come with 2 Meters Cable, for Tracer MPPT series Tracer1210RN, Tracer1215RN, Tracer2210RN, Tracer2215RN, Tracer3215RN, Tracer4210RN https://www.amazon.c...d_lTGEub0QBPNY4

La Crosse Technology WS-9160U-IT Digital Thermometer with Indoor/Outdoor Temperature https://www.amazon.c...d_IUGEub0793ZFJ

I don't think the thermometer is all that great though, the main unit and the remote unit usually have a different reading if they are right next to each other

#23 norcalhusky

norcalhusky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:50 AM

Did a little bit of work today. The original table was great, but there was no place to really store it when it wasn't in table mode. It was just awkwardly put behind the couch cushion and always in the way. The previous owner had cut and finished a piece of wood to put in-between the dinette seats to better support the bed cushion and it had a nice storage place in between the dinette seats against the wall of the camper. I decided to use this conveniently already cut piece of wood and convert it to the table duty. The table is a bit smaller now but actually easier to sit out because you don't have to slide under it to sit down and it has a nice storage location.

IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

I got one side of the new LED spot lights installed. They look and work great but the mount doesn't leave much room for tilting the lights all the way up. I will need to make a new one that pushes the lights a little further out but in the mean time its much better than the couple of wires just dangling down like there was before

IMG_4149.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

And lastly, I finally got rid of the aftermarket chrome wheels that were on the truck (I hate chrome on trucks...) and replaced them with some flat black Pro Comp alloys that I think look much better. At the same time I got some airbags installed to help with the squat of the truck :)

IMG_4154.jpg

#24 RC Pilot Jim

RC Pilot Jim

• Members
  • 1,544 posts
  • LocationSan Diego Calif

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:15 AM

Rig is looking good.

Jim

Retired from truck camping June 2021

Our Basic Eagle/Fleet Shell Build

#25 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:29 PM

Some other simple things I have done include some Quick Fists to hold my axe, a paper towel holder, and a temperature gauge with a remote sensor so I can see how much warmer I am inside the cozy camper :)

re_pic9.jpg

One of the best quick and easy things I have done so far is replace the front window curtain rod with a compression type that is inside the window frame. The old one stuck the curtain out a inch or two and had a nasty sharp bracket behind the dinnete's seat that was annoying to try and lean back against. Even though the pics are kind of dark you can also kind of see the recovered seats that my girlfriend did for me to get rid of the camp ones that were in there. They are actually a nice royal blue that goes well with the other blues already in the camper.

re_pic20.jpg

re_pic1.jpg

On the outside I mounted a CB antennae to the jack bracket  as well

re_pic12.jpg

Your add-on's and projects look great.  If I were you, I'd hold on to any girlfriend willing to do camper upholstery for you.  I just spent $360.00 to get four camper cushions made...

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#26 norcalhusky

norcalhusky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:40 PM

Rig is looking good.

Thanks!

Your add-on's and projects look great.  If I were you, I'd hold on to any girlfriend willing to do camper upholstery for you.  I just spent $360.00 to get four camper cushions made...

Yeah she is great! She loves going out camping and helping me with any improvements to the camper that she can. I'm pretty spoiled :)

#27 norcalhusky

norcalhusky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

Went out to the Big Sur area over new years.... simply amazing place to stay. Especially Prewitt Ridge area. Highly recommended if you have not been out there yet! Picture don't really do it justice but here is a couple....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

I'm a little on the fence about the new air bags. They definitely leveled the truck but the ride seems slightly more sloppy and wiggly now like they are too soft... maybe I m just focusing too much on it. I'm going to play with the air pressure some more. I only had them up to around 50 PSI.

#28 norcalhusky

norcalhusky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:27 PM

Sadly I can't seem to get one of the burners on my stove to operate anymore. You have to push the handle down a little bit and turn to get them on. They have always been a little difficult to turn but now I can't get one of them to turn at all. I didn't want to pry to hard when I was out camping and end up with some sort of propane leek...I took the cover off and the little tab disengages properly when pushed down, it just won't turn. Anyone ever have this problem?

stove_rotate2.jpg

#29 Bill D

Bill D

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:09 PM

Your dog Kaya is awesome. Can't wait to show the GF. I think she's sick of me showing her pics of campers, but she loves big dogs.

#30 idahoron

idahoron

• Members
  • 646 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:17 AM

Went out to the Big Sur area over new years.... simply amazing place to stay. Especially Prewitt Ridge area. Highly recommended if you have not been out there yet! Picture don't really do it justice but here is a couple....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

I'm a little on the fence about the new air bags. They definitely leveled the truck but the ride seems slightly more sloppy and wiggly now like they are too soft... maybe I m just focusing too much on it. I'm going to play with the air pressure some more. I only had them up to around 50 PSI.

The 50 pounds sounds fine. I run mine about 20 pounds What tires do you have and what is the pressure in them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users