• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#31 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:21 AM

Very sorry to hear about your ordeal.  They should be able to find the pricks now that they'll have a lot more evidence from the recovery scene.  I wish you the best of luck.

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#32 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:20 PM

This should be a warning to all of us that we need to be careful out there. There are jerks who always want the easy way out and stealing is easier than working your whole life and saving for a goal. These people steal more than our material, they can steal our time, our ambition, and our sense of security. It is good to see how we banded together to help each other :) I hope luck is on Nathanials side and Tardis is not to badly damaged. What I hope for the perpetrator cannot be posted on a family site......

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#33 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:14 PM

Sorry to hear of this. Really sorry, I know the long and winding road it took to get the truck and camper together. And I well know the feeling left behind from having something stolen.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#34 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:11 PM

I'm looking at the Simjack Secure Steering Wheel Lock with the brake pedal lock.  Currently using the Truck Club, but you can cut the steering wheel and remove.  The cost for both and peace of mind is $88.00. 

http://simjack.com:8185/

Click on item #6 on the left side of the web page.  There is a short video on the installation.  The yellow cover completely covers the steering wheel.

Glad they recovered the camper and hopefully it can be fixed.  Keep us all post.  This is one large family.

jd

Edited by longhorn1, 13 January 2016 - 04:18 PM.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#35 alano

alano

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:44 PM

So very sorry to hear about this. Some small comfort in getting closure what with finding the camper. With luck the truck will be found soon. The hole in your psyche from the loss will take some time. Wishing you the best.

Alan

#36 busboy66

busboy66

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:10 PM

Nathaniel,

So sorry for this great loss. I don't really know what to say other than that.

Insurance can't possibly replace everything you lost, not to mention all the time and effort put into the truck and camper build.

Hang in there.

#37 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:27 PM

While I'm sure it suffered some damage being removed that way I'm betting its tough enough it won't be that bad. I'm surprised they got away. Probably don't have the resources our cops have. I'm betting no helicopter. Maybe they'll be in too much of hurry to torch it. Hoping.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#38 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:56 AM

The campers are built tough - sure your build was. Might be beat up, but usable. Hope most of the gear is still in it. Good luck.

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#39 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:28 AM

Sorry to hear about this. I enjoyed your build process back when, as did many others- I was new to my camper then too. Here's hoping time and a good insurance company restore you, your equipment and your truck/camper to acceptable condition and you can return to more happy camping. Good luck.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#40 Kolockum

Kolockum

Still Wandering

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:50 AM

Hopefully most of your gear is recovered and the camper is in ok shape. Let me know if you need some help. I live just down the road have jack stands and other random camper gear laying around.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Toyota Tacoma with 2000 FWC Eagle

"The nut behind the wheel is the most important one. Don't forget to snug yourself up every once in a while." John D & ri-f

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users