72 replies to this topic

#41 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:05 PM

Me and the Bobster and my 12 year old and  much modified  Granby  FWC should be there then :P ! By the way,  anyone planning to head out to that general  area within that NE Ca/SC Oregon/NW Nevada Triangle  before the event drop a line here if you want, because depending on how wet it is out there, I should be out there somewhere on and off from now till then. My friends up in Alturas say the roads in the Devils Garden are okay right now, so probably head up there soon and make a my usual loop north then east and then south. Boy it sure is nice being retired and living here in the high desert and being able just to follow my nose here it may take me.

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#42 allanb

allanb

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationPhysical location N.w. Wa. Spiritual location rocky mtn west

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:02 AM

Boy it sure is nice being retired and living here in the high desert and being able just to follow my nose here it may take me.

Smoke[/quote]
Sure Smoke, rub it in. Retired and loving it!
Good for you, and your in a perfect stretch of country, mountains to desert, to do some real roaming. Do you ever see the wild horses there in the devils garden?
Well I am almost done with a 6 week rental rehab. Taking a couple of weeks now to wander the blue mountains and perhaps hells canyon. Was hoping to join y'all but heading the opposite direction, west coast Vancouver island for a couple weeks of coastal paddling.
Have a great time in the hi desert

#43 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:43 PM

Im a Strong maybe. Don't own a ATC anymore but I was one of Marty's very first customers when they were building them out of the Garage back in 07. Great group of guys at ATC!

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

#44 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:53 PM

I'm a probably not. I have the rest of the week off and they're not likely to give me any more time off. Working seven days a week so even the weekend is unlikely. 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#45 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,596 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:14 PM

Just a quick reminder that we are only a month or so out... Update your calendars if you're planning on attending.

I am haunted by waters

#46 Tuff Guy 62

Tuff Guy 62

• Members
  • 829 posts
  • LocationArizona Rim Country

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:07 AM

Sorry to say that we'll not be able to make it. :(

Instead, I get to make the journey to the mythological underworld. Family reunion on my mother-in-law's side of the family is the same weekend. A command appearance on my part is required for the maintenance of domestic tranquility.

I Wish y'all a rip-roarin good time.

I'll give a shout out as I meet up with Charon and cross the River Styx, making sure to pat ole Cerberus on his heads on my way to my appointment with Hades and the gang.  ;)

Au revior,

Tuff Guy 

2000 2WD Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 liter V8

2019 Ram 2500 6.4 liter Hemi

2015 ATC Custom Panther Shell

When you come to a fork in the road, take it. Yogi Berra

#47 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:55 AM

Looks like I'm a for sure going to make it.  I also spoke with Marty at ATC this morning and he's going to make it.  Plans are he & I will be coming up together on the 26th. See everyone in a few weeks!

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#48 RockCod

RockCod

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:29 PM

Really dissapointed I can't make it, though I will be in the Owyhee canyonlands , and that should be a great time with plenty of desolation to be had. I've never been. Do have a great time !!

2018 FX4 3.5 V6 Supercrew HDPP.        ATC Ocelot . DELIVERED !!! 25April17.  such a fine unit it is !

Rock.....

#49 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:42 PM

Bob-keep me posted on when you  guys head  up! Since you are coming through my country (and depending where I am playing) might have a chance for a meet up somewhere on the way up. My "Bob" was wondering if Marty is bringing that nice girl dog of his?  Speaking of dogs, any new canine members of your family yet?

A note to anyone planning on coming up-fire danger is again real high this year,  the cheat grass is real dry, and we are having lots of red flag warnings and fires up here this year,  real dry, above average temps, high winds, so check the on fire conditions before you head up.  BLM/USFS have issued no target shooting rule. Another fairly new rule-carry a pick ax along with your usual gear!

Smoke

Edited by Smokecreek1, 01 July 2017 - 03:12 PM.

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#50 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

Don, Plan is to leave on the 26th.  Heading up 80 to Winnemucca, to 95, then 140, so don't think we'll be anywhere near your digs.

If you'd like to catch up on the road that would be great, but have no idea your route. 

No dog yet, maybe in August. Don't know about Marty's dog.   Keep me posted...

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users