55 replies to this topic

#51 BellaFWC

BellaFWC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSugarcreek Township Ohio

Posted 11 September 2021 - 06:13 PM

After reading this tread I went to Progressive online and took about 5 min. to get the quote attached.  It covers my 2000 Hawk for ACV that I set at $9000 for $173 per year with low 250/250 deductible.  Could not have been any easier!  Before I buy the separate policy what do you think, missing anything?  Looks good to me.  And BY THE WAY, my insurance agent (company) would not cover the Hawk.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

Hawk slide in custom flatbed build

#52 BellaFWC

BellaFWC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSugarcreek Township Ohio

Posted 11 September 2021 - 06:15 PM

And I did not name the RV on the policy, Progressive had a drop down menu for Four Wheel then Hawk then it said 6.5 bed.  So they have it in there system already!

When answering the questions as I went through Progressive did ask the agreed value but this looks to be actual cash value so I might give them a call and see if it's a totaled do they refer to the 9000 I stated or go through the process of "looking up" the value at the time of loss.

Edited by BellaFWC, 11 September 2021 - 06:28 PM.

Hawk slide in custom flatbed build

#53 SkyP

SkyP

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 September 2021 - 09:15 AM

I finally found some time to speak with USAA relative to truck and camper insurance.

They would not let me in the front door, so to speak, as I have not served in the Military nor been a Federal special Agent.

I let them know that my father served, my uncle died serving, my brother served and my wife worked for the Federal Govt.

No budge...no quote.... no business for them from me.

Oh Well...at least they don't beat around the bush.

David Graves

That's odd- my sister is insured through USAA and they cover her because our father was a Marine, 21 years..   

I find it humorous she uses USAA because she is the most liberal military hating person I know :lol:

Like others I was told by State Farm my ATC and my Grandby were covered as "part of the trucks, they reside on".  When my ATC isn't on the F150 usually a RSi SmartCap is on and that alone is $3500.

State Farm won't provide many details and finding other insurance is on my list of things to do.

20 F150 4x4 18 ATC Panther

96 F350 4x4  99 FWC Grandby Shell (sold)

15 Aliner Scout

18 Camplite 16TBS

#54 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 05:22 PM

That's odd- my sister is insured through USAA and they cover her because our father was a Marine, 21 years..   

I find it humorous she uses USAA because she is the most liberal military hating person I know :lol:

Like others I was told by State Farm my ATC and my Grandby were covered as "part of the trucks, they reside on".  When my ATC isn't on the F150 usually a RSi SmartCap is on and that alone is $3500.

State Farm won't provide many details and finding other insurance is on my list of things to do.

I along with all my sibs have USAA. None of us served. Our father did. It's a legacy system. Our son now has it too. I'd call and talk to someone else. 

#55 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 13 September 2021 - 02:01 AM

I was critical of USAA in an earlier post, this is consistent with my experiences. eyemgh is right, call and speak to someone else. The right hand doesn’t know what the left is doing and for me, that was the problem. As always, YMMV.
Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#56 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 01:31 AM

I called today and asked that it be named, as @Wallowa's is, under camper body. I got the kind "it's already covered" spiel, but I nicely persisted. She tried to add it as a towed vehicle, but I said it was inappropriate. She drilled down and finally found it.

It is now named, with the same coverage, with year, model and "VIN," at no additional cost. They emailed confirmation (that I promptly printed for my files and my vehicle).

It can be done. You just have to say you know of someone who did is through USAA with the same brand camper, and hold on until they figure it out or get a supervisor who does. 

Edited by eyemgh, 14 September 2021 - 01:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users