• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:28 AM

Another beautiful day in what's supposed to be winter allowed me to get my sink and cook top mounted to my cabinets.  I'm going to use 7 gallon plastic Jerry cans with spigots for my gravity fed water source. Now I just have to finish the curtains and I'll be done.

IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0386.JPG

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#32 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:57 PM

.......................................... Now I just have to finish the curtains and I'll be done.

Looking great and pretty darn groovy! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#33 Ambling1

Ambling1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationSonoran desert

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:26 PM

Excellent engineering and workmanship! Looks like it's almost time for a test trip.

#34 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:31 PM

I had to be on call for work this beautiful three day weekend, so I couldn't leave town, but I did manage to get a few more little things done to my Bobcat.

IMG_0387.JPG

The hasty wiring job I did so I could take it out last weekend was haunting me, so...

IMG_0388.JPG

I cleaned it up.  It's funny how just knowing that something is a tangled mess gnaws at me...

IMG_0403.JPG

I wired in a small inverter and a couple of 12 volt plugs.  I don't use powered things very often, but I'm sure I'll need it every now and then.

IMG_0404.JPG

I picked up this little gun safe at Costco ($50.00) and it fit perfectly between my dinette seat and the camper's wall. 

IMG_0405.JPG

It's large enough for a handgun and a D-SLR with a regular lens.  It can be opened with a key or an electronic combination.

I still need to finish up the curtains and just a couple more little things and I think I'll be done (if one can ever really be done).

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#35 super doody

super doody

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSan Mateo Coast

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:38 AM

Another beautiful day in what's supposed to be winter allowed me to get my sink and cook top mounted to my cabinets.  I'm going to use 7 gallon plastic Jerry cans with spigots for my gravity fed water source. Now I just have to finish the curtains and I'll be done.

attachicon.gifIMG_0384.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0386.JPG

Looks fantastic! Where did you get the counter top material? Looks like the FWC silver spur option. 

2003 Tacoma 4X4 - 2007 FWC Eagle shell

2006 Tundra Double Cab - 2015 Hawk - side dinette, silver spur interior

#36 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:03 PM

Looks fantastic! Where did you get the counter top material? Looks like the FWC silver spur option. 

The counter top is Formica brand and the pattern is "Vintage Boomerang."  Formica used to make lots of different colors of the boomerang pattern and I restored an old 1957 teardrop trailer with the aqua boomerang.  I think Formica only makes the charcoal color now.

#37 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:05 AM

Your counter build is great. I have a question if you don't mind. I am thinking of doing a shell and also using water jugs instead of the huge water tank. I was also thinking of getting a free standing cooktop like the Camp Chef Everest or something similar. That way if I wanted to cook outside I would not need another cooktop. Have you any ideas on this subject? Would it be safe to cook with that indoors or should I go with an installed cooktop. I am getting so many cool ideas from all of the posts here I just don't know what to do...lol Newbie Brain Freeze:)

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#38 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:45 PM

Your counter build is great. I have a question if you don't mind. I am thinking of doing a shell and also using water jugs instead of the huge water tank. I was also thinking of getting a free standing cooktop like the Camp Chef Everest or something similar. That way if I wanted to cook outside I would not need another cooktop. Have you any ideas on this subject? Would it be safe to cook with that indoors or should I go with an installed cooktop. I am getting so many cool ideas from all of the posts here I just don't know what to do...lol Newbie Brain Freeze:)

We use a Partner stove with our shell. We usually cook outside but can use it inside if necessary. Same reasoning as you express- why have two stoves?

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#39 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:48 PM

A few more little things to my build...

IMG_0409.JPG

A small first aid kit had to be a necessity.

IMG_0411.JPG

I may be paranoid, but I had to mount a knife close to the bed just in case I ever had to cut myself out of the camper in an emergency.  With it mounted, I always know where it's at and that it's only an arm's reach away.

#40 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:51 AM

A question....(yes they are never ending:)

How did you vent your propane tank. From what I have seen all are vented through the side of the camper. My question is since propane is heavier than air could you not vent to the underside of the camper where you would not disturb the integrity of the aluminum siding?? I am still trying to figure out how to mount a tank outside on a Hawk or similar ATC version. There is not a lot going on unless you have some cool bumper thingy you can add stuff too. (I don't even have my truck yet so you can tease me if I'm being a bit dense:) Looking at F150 aluminum body. Lotsa payload capacity:)

Thanks!

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users