• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#11 bluefly

bluefly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:27 PM

Ben, thanks for your detailed reply. The previous owner of my camper apparently removed the push bar from the front panel because he'd hit it turning over in bed. I'd forgotten this detail- no wonder lifting the front is a bit awkward for me!

I've put a stick in the front of the bed drawer and won't be as hesitant using it on the metal brace to help push everything up into position.

You're a prince! Happy New Year and I hope you "lift the top" on your camper sales in 2007! :)

Donna

#12 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 06:48 PM

Donna,

What area do you live in? The push handle that you are missing actually hooks into both sides of the brace so that the pressure you put on it won't damage anything. If you are close enough we can put a new push rod in for you or if you are too far away we can ship one to you.

There won't be any charge for it. I would like to see you be able to use your camper comfortably and not have to fight the roof to enjoy your trips.

Sales are fantastic right now. We are booked out for a couple of months at this point and I just sold our last stock unit that we had. Only problem with that is that we won't have anything to show people for a little while. Good problems though.:):)

Sincerely,

Ben
www.allterraincampers.com

#13 bluefly

bluefly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:07 PM

Ben, thanks for the generous offer. I'll contact you to make a counteroffer. :)

#14 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:41 PM

Donna,

Just sent your handle out to you. Also sent an e mail to you with instructions on how to install. Again, if you have any questions, just give me a call at 800-446-1003.

Sincerely,

Ben

#15 bluefly

bluefly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:30 PM

Ben,

Thanks for the install notes and replacement pushbar. Your package arrived the other day and I got to open it this morning. Perfect!

This will be a great help- kudos to you and Marty for going out of your way to offer your aid. The camper cavalry act that you two have going on is much appreciated! :)

Donna

#16 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:36 PM

I always use the push boards and handles and haven't seen any problem with that being too much stress on them. And then just let it flop down. Works fine.

#17 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:36 AM

Donna,

Your more than welcome. I hope it helps out for you. Let me know if there is any problem with installing it.

Sincerely,

Ben

#18 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:54 PM

Donna,

Was just wondering if the handle fit ok and works ok?

Sincerely,

Ben

#19 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:31 AM

I think I've solved the problem of lifting the roof on my Grandby without screwing up my back further. Since I've got an air compressor on the truck I built a pneumatic cylinder out of PVC pipe to do the work. Just tried it this afternoon and it seems to work great. It should be able to lift at least 300# so maybe I can use the camper with a kayak or 2 up there.

I believe FWC rates the roof for a 2000# snow load but does anyone know if there is a limit for a non-uniform load with the top up?

#20 marty

marty

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:43 AM

Camelracer,
I think the snow load is 1000 pounds. My real question is how are you attaching this system to the inside to distribute the pressure evenly across. It sounds like a workable idea. How do you stop the pressure or travel of this unit from bending your roof . Good luck.

Marty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users