2 replies to this topic

#1 portermoab

portermoab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMoab, UT

Posted 13 June 2023 - 05:28 PM

I've looked through the posts re: replacing/upgrading the factory white Whale faucet, but most of the posts were 5+ years old and I didn't see any discussion of whether there was an easier plug and play upgrade that didn't require pulling the sink, etc. So, my question is whether there are any options aside from the removable Whale sprayer faucet that would be essentially plug and play but that would have a longer and taller faucet?

As many have pointed out, I don't know why they make that standard one so low and short.

Thanks,

Neal

Edited by portermoab, 13 June 2023 - 05:29 PM.

#2 Jack

Jack

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationPortland OR

Posted 13 June 2023 - 07:18 PM

Yeah, the Whale faucet is not a selling point. I replaced the Whale faucet in our 2015 Fleet front dinette. The sink in the front dinette is oriented with the long dimension front to back, but I still did not need to remove the sink to replace the faucet. Most faucet dimensions conform to one of several standards, so you may be able to find a replacement that matches the holes in the counter. I replaced my faucet with a Shureflo with the switch in the faucet knob - worked for me since I do not have the hot water heater. I used a scrap piece of dark plexiglass cut into a rectangle on which I mounted the Shurflo and then screwed the plex to the counter with the same holes for the Whale faucet.

2015 Fleet on 2019 Ranger

#3 Chuck H.

Chuck H.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationEast Glacier Park, Mt.

Posted 14 June 2023 - 03:51 PM

I did a similar replacement to what Jack did.  Used a piece of 1/4" thick vinyl plank flooring to attach the faucet to and then finished install.  Removed sink which made working much easier but difficult to replace hold down clips when replacing sink.  Got the faucet on ebay and like it.  Pivots vertical and horizontal and works great so far.  Hoping for long term durability.  s-l140.jpg

Edited by Chuck H., 14 June 2023 - 04:48 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: faucet, whale, replacement

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users